• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post weight loss Surgery

maddy2102

Hi, can anyone help?
I've lost 12stone in total and went to my doctor for help with surgery on the NHS.
Initially my doc wrote to the Commissioning stating the issues and what he felt was needed after my weight loss. The Board declined.
He then wrote a further letter, inc pics, and felt it was best to apply "bit by bit" so we went for abdominoplasty first. Our appeal was once again rejected as I don't "fit the criteria"
I wrote to the Board myself, and was again rejected.
The criteria is that I need to have a track record where my excess skin / exercising has resulted in infections, antibiotics have been given, however they have not helped.
I have never let the excess skin issues result in infection as I wash and wash.
I live in Dorset, and whilst I appreciate in this area geriatric care receives the most funding I could really do with some help and advice in putting my case forward further.
I have lost all this weight myself, and I am seeing a counseller because the way my body has been left gets me down drastically, but Dorset also state they don't take psychological issues into account.
The irony is had I gone to the NHS wanting bariactric surgery I would have fitted that criteria, and most likely the NHS would have then given me the post surgeries needed.
Whilst I have no desire to become morbidly obese again it doesn't seem right there is no NHS help available.
Can anyone offer any help / guidance please? Xx

Its so crazy isnt it? I wish I could wave a magic wand and give you want you desire but sadly I cant .i hope someone on here can offer words if advise for you

Back