• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Booking my band!!

Sophina

Hi everyone!

I'm so glad I've found this website/forum!!

It is so helpful to read everyone's journeys and also so inspiring that there is life beyond food addiction.

I've decided after a lot of thought and consideration to book my band.

I hope some one may be able to tell me with what it's like immediately post op?!

I have 2 young children and am a single parent. Will I be able to pick up my 16 month old son?
Did anyone feel weak? (I still get up with him 3 times per night)
Will I be able to do school runs etc?!

Sorry for the questions.

Thank you all in advance ?

Hi, i am 12 month post op. I have two young kids youngest 3 when i had the op. Dont worry. The anaesthetic may take a while to get out of your system so driving may be an issue for a few days but you will be able to pick up and cuddle your babies just be careful of your stitches. Honestly i felt tired quite a bit as you wont eat much for the first week and we all know how hard it is to manage kids when tired! :) you will be very bloated and uncomfortable for a week too so just take it easy and it will all be fine x

Do you mind me asking what your journey was like?!
How much you lost in what space of time ie. First month, month after that etc.
Did you tell anyone?!
How did you find it introducing food?!
Is there any food you can't eat?!
Have you had any problems?!

Sorry about the grilling haha, I have the money sat in my bank account to do it with a date providionay booked for 10th Oct and am waive ring about whether to just go for it?!

Hi I hope you don't mind me answering your questions?
I was banded in March 2015, I have lost 4.5 stone since. Slowly you can introduce more solid food and it depends on what restriction you feel about what to eat some foods don't agree with some people. I have 4.5mls in my band and it does not let me eat too much of any food, I don't feel hungry like I used to and it's fab!
I can eat most foods just in very small amounts it's brilliant.
Of course this is a mental journey I have consciously avoided foods that could easily slip down, ice cream, chocolate etc. I have not spent £5.6k to cheat. I have a small tummy and a large hole in my savings!
It is a tool to work with but if you get your head in the right place too it works. It isn't easy. I've had a few stalls and the weight stubbornly doesn't budge as I would like it too even though I work out 5/6 times a week and eat very little!! But it's the best decision I ever made. I still have a further 4 stone to lose, everyone's journey is different but it may take me some time but I will get there.
Good luck xx

I went through the National Obesity Surgery Centre, but I could have said myself some money and booked direct with the hospital.

Do you mind me asking what your journey was like?! How much you lost in what space of time ie. First month, month after that etc. Did you tell anyone?! How did you find it introducing food?! Is there any food you can't eat?! Have you had any problems?! Sorry about the grilling haha, I have the money sat in my bank account to do it with a date providionay booked for 10th Oct and am waive ring about whether to just go for it?!

My thread is' my secret band diary' tell you all my journey.

In a nutshell

I started at 15st and depressed because i always gained back any weight and some after diets. I lost 10lb on the pre op diet so went into surgery September 2014 14st 4. Weight loss was practically a 1 lb a day over the week post op. Steady 1-2lb/wk after . I had fills every month and I stalled at 12st 13lb around about december. I had a fill in the January to take my band to 6.8ml. I took a break to control the food i was eating for 7 months! I only lost 5 lb, but never gained which to me is amazing! I went for another fill last week to kick me up the bum now 7.3ml and ive lost 2lb this week. So 12st 6. My goal is conservative (a size 12) which ive estimated will be 11st 7.
If i wasnt so lazy about things, i would be a goal by now i know. I never had a massive amount to loose, so as you get closer to goal its harder.

Ah that's brilliant...I can't view and diaries at the moment.

I'm not sure why as I've posted more than 50 times ?

Thanks for going through it tho....what do u typically eat then?!

Ah that's brilliant...I can't view and diaries at the moment.

I'm not sure why as I've posted more than 50 times ?

Thanks for going through it tho....what do u typically eat then?!

According to your profile you have only made 44 posts ;)

Lynn x

Ah really I thought I'd done far more than that, thank you for telling me ??

I best get posting then haha!!!

Ah that's brilliant...I can't view and diaries at the moment. I'm not sure why as I've posted more than 50 times ? Thanks for going through it tho....what do u typically eat then?!
I eat everything! Lol seriously at the minute i cant eat salmon, some breads, raw carrots and tough meats cause problems. Restriction can vary alot so you have to chew chew chew and stop after 20 mins. I get caught out alot. Typically around time of the month when its tighter and if im stressed plus first meal of they day cannot be rushed AT ALL. I try and eat as healthy as i can but habits die hard. Only my husband, mum and dad know about this band.

Best of luck with your band Sophina - I had mine 5 years ago and it was the best decision I've ever made.

Are you having your surgery at home or abroad?

Have a great band journey!

Tref

Back