• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Booze

mandymoo

Can I ask what does everyone drink, not a great lover of wine :( x

I drink oxo cubes lol.
I don't like alcohol so I have never had to consider what I can and cannot have in that department. It takes up a massive amount of cals doesn't it and I bet its a bit of a bugger to deal with. I would rather have a nice calorie laden sandwich than a drink anytime.
PS I'm not saying that I think there is anything wrong with having a drink, its just that I don't like it, Yucky stuff lol.
Lynne x

wizzbang said:
I drink oxo cubes lol.
I don't like alcohol so I have never had to consider what I can and cannot have in that department. It takes up a massive amount of cals doesn't it and I bet its a bit of a bugger to deal with. I would rather have a nice calorie laden sandwich than a drink anytime.
PS I'm not saying that I think there is anything wrong with having a drink, its just that I don't like it, Yucky stuff lol.
Lynne x

I'm never been a big drinker but all the wrong stuff advacaat & diet coke (sounds yuk but lovely) & Tia Maria & diet coke. Neither will I be able to drunk again due to the coke so trying to think of something new x

I'm not a big drinker, once a week something like that, I've struggled with wine though as it gives me heartburn, should only last another couple of months though but I had a lovely glass of Baileys last week and it went down a treat, I wanted something sweet and it hit the spot, I know it alot of calories and may cause bypassers to dump(?) but it was great for me - not that good that I'm buying a bottle to have in the house though - that would be tooo tempting.

I love a drink! I would rather have a drink that take away or fast food or chocolate! I miss bubbles! I love sparkling wine and gin and tonic!

You can leave it to go flat or take tiny sips. Bubbles don't affect me too much as I tend to have teeny sips and only one or two drinks anyway. I love my Baileys and I still have a bud or a Bulmers now and then but it takes a long time to drink (because I make it take a long time!) and it's only a couple times a year now.

Gas can upset your pouch and it's calories that aren't doing anything for you but I am not a regular drinker so I guess it suits me pretty well what I'm doing x

I like vodka and J20 when I'm out the J2o last for 2 vodkas so not too bad. Also like a glass of wine although you say you don't like that. Baileys and milk and vodka is quite nice I think its a bit calorific tho its called a White Russian.

Don`t often have a drink much these days - but if I was to opt for any.......Baileys has always been a favourite.....or....vodka....with flat lemonade....vodka with fresh orange juice (only a little)....just like vodka! In my young days used to like cinzano...with lemonade.....but I still like a dry martini and lemonade...on occasion.

Love Kat x

At 2 years out I drink most things occasionally but as Neen says if it has a carbonated mixer stir it until the bubbles die down. best not to drink routinely until after the first 6 minths or even a year if you can make it. Different surgeons give different time limits or even none but it can be a bit astringent for your pouch until its fully settled.

M

Im not a big drinker either, 2 or 3 times a year maximum for me. But ive always like a beer with a bit of lemonade in it, but i always prefer it warm and flat....same for my cider.
There is a wine i like, its very sweet and traditionally called a dessert wine. Its by browns brothers and the flavour is orange and muscrat. I serve this over loads of ice cubes and its delish.

Boddingtons is a good substute for larger but if you realy want a real larger or cider strike me down and kill me for saying this !!!! but if you add a few grains of sugar to your drink and stir alot it de fizzes i have been known to do this in the past but i havnt done it for ages as i feel it prob is cheating the band if you cant tolerate it you shouldnt adapt it, and drink fruit juice with a spirit after all its one of your five a day 2 a day if you have malibu as malibu is a fruit????!!!xxx

Thanks all some really nice ideas forgot about baileys yum yum, some of the cocktails sound nice too & the desert wine.
Roll on getting it done lol xx

My current favourite is raspberry absolut vodka with cranberry juice!

Yum! X

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Maybe Baileys as an occasional tipple is ok but the following data really brings home the calories / fat content in it - a recommended serving is 37ml so thats probably a pub measure?!

How Many Calories in Baileys Irish Cream

Calories in 100g of Baileys Irish Cream and its nutrition information.

Calorie and Nutrition Values for 100g of Baileys Irish Cream Calories 350 Protein 3.2 Carbohydrate 20 Fat 15.7 Fibre 0 Alcohol 14.1

I do like wine but tend to stick to vodka and slim line when out - ice and bubbles bashed at 50 calories a go ;)

Cariadtoffee said:
My current favourite is raspberry absolut vodka with cranberry juice!

Yum! X

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Ummm that's sounds different but defo worth a try - thanks x

Mazza said:
Maybe Baileys as an occasional tipple is ok but the following data really brings home the calories / fat content in it - a recommended serving is 37ml so thats probably a pub measure?!

How Many Calories in Baileys Irish Cream

Calories in 100g of Baileys Irish Cream and its nutrition information.

Calorie and Nutrition Values for 100g of Baileys Irish Cream Calories 350 Protein 3.2 Carbohydrate 20 Fat 15.7 Fibre 0 Alcohol 14.1

I do like wine but tend to stick to vodka and slim line when out - ice and bubbles bashed at 50 calories a go ;)

Maybe I'll try wine with slim line, only concern with fizzy as I have read on here that even if you let the bubbles die you shouldn't drink it as they can reactivate in your stomach ??? Or is that more coke they tell you to avoid???
Oh confusing lol xx

It really is an individual thing Mandy - I have fizzy but with ice and I stir the bubbles out and I'm fine but your provider and indeed you might be different - just try and think of the calories but you can styill enjoy yourself x

Back