• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Getting to grips with the new you

CCPM

Fighting on day by day
I need to get a dress for a special occasion thats coming up and plan to hire it. As I'm really busy at work at the mo I enlisted the help of my trusty sec and asked her to ring round all the local hire places and told her she may need to extend her search to London or Birmingham because they neded to stock plus sizes. She looked at me in amazement and said "Why who are you hiring it for?". My first thought was ....can't get the staff these days ...and then she said they'll stock up to a 16. I just had no concept of being 'normal'. So that set me thinking when do we get to know this new you, does it ever get into your brain that you are no longer fat? I'm sure its not just a dress size issue as I've still planned things taking into account difficulty in walking, getting into loos, between tables etc etc

On a side note it is great to see this section starting to get threads posted from other people to discuss more long term things.

M

It's very strange at times. All the while you're moving chairs to fit through gaps that you 'thought' you wouldn't fit through. Still looking for those chairs that look stronger to sit on as you don't trust them.

I've still been on ebay looking for clothes and then I go into shops with my other half and I'm wandering around and see them MY SIZE, yes MY SIZE, normal shops have clothes MY SIZE? So then you start talking to people! You're heavier than me? YOU? There are people actually heavier than me now? But there can't be right? I'm obese! This person can't be heavier than me because no one has ever mentioned their weight! But, yes, they are! I am lighter and smaller than them!

But my eyes, they still see big! Me, I am still obese, but then I was 'Morbidly Obese' So has taking that one word away from my title made me 'normal'? It seems to be doing that!

I 100% agree with what mixxy's saying. I went into next the other day with a mate who always shops there normally whilst she's shopping i keep myself occupied by looking at the childrens clothes until she came over and said 'these would look great on you' i looked at her as if she was an alien! As if i could wear something from next! Yet alone a size 16! But to my amazement i tried them on and they fitted perfectly...i love my bypass xxx

It takes a bit of getting used to right enough i started my journey a size 24 and am now a 16 but still i think i have to shop in Evans and look at larger size catalogues. I can't get my head around that i can shop in most shops now and am currently trying to re style myself and avoid the "baggy" look that i have spent years in. I too love my bypass and although it takes a bit of getting used to in the scenarios Mixxy mentions i'm so pleased to have that priviledge xx

great post, yes it does take a bit of getting use too. I am holding out for the spring before I buy anything. I do look around but not tempted to buy anything yet. my mum told me off yesterday and my clothes are hanging off me. I laughed at her. I said I love my clothes hanging off me as it reminds me how well I have done. I have loads of clothes from my many yo yo diets so I do have a stock to choose from. Some years ago I lost 7 stone but sadly regained it all plus 2 stone on top. Of course this time that WON'T happen.

Funny thing happened on the train last week on my way to my hospital appointment, normally no one want to sit next to me on the train as their is no room left but now there is room for a small one LOL this did make me smile.

It really does take time for your head to catch up with your body.

Back