• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bosses

mazbrad

well my boss shud be awarded total ***** of the year award... she forced me back to work 2 weeks post op, saying she cudnt afford to pay me sick pay.fool that i am i went back to work monday 10 days post op almost had me crying out loud in pain however i managed, last night the boss told me i have to re work my week in hand as last week i was off .. what a horrible person u would think after i saved her maybe 8 - 10 weeks sick pay she would help me . im such a fool

Go above her head because that it plain wrong!!!!!! X

well my boss shud be awarded total ***** of the year award... she forced me back to work 2 weeks post op, saying she cudnt afford to pay me sick pay.fool that i am i went back to work monday 10 days post op almost had me crying out loud in pain however i managed, last night the boss told me i have to re work my week in hand as last week i was off .. what a horrible person u would think after i saved her maybe 8 - 10 weeks sick pay she would help me . im such a fool

well maybe im my own worst enemy but id just go home, she can really have something to moan about then, Gggrrrr i hate bosses like her!!

ACAS would have a fit if they knew. Do you get paid full pay while you are sick, or just SSP? Because SSP doesnt cost her anything - she reclaims it.

You shouldnt be made to feel guilty for having an op, and if you are still not feeling right get back to the Dr and get another sick note.

Yep I agree go on sick - life is to short to be worrying about her - your health is more important than anything. I decided last Saturday that I'd had enough of my job, I wasn't happy, so I emailed my boss told him my circumstances had changed and I was taking hols for last week as my notice. Then it was his turn not to be happy. But I didn't go back and now I'm in a big retail store doing 16 hours. Do it for yourself no one else. You owe her nothing especially as she #### on you. Do you have a contract?

I also agree on getting a sick note from your doc - sometimes you can feel even worse at first about it, but it's your right, and more importantly your health that's at stake!
I had a horrible job after Uni that made me literally suicidal, and I ended up being signed off for 2 weeks for it. I was terrified about telling my manager but I realised that nobody should affect me and my health.
Def should go to the docs and see what they say *good luck*

i'm being called back into work next week for a 'chat' about my abscence told them i can't drive so they'll have to arrange a driver for me (there and back again) ;)

Oh Maz, didn't you have a load of grief from her before you had your op? She really sound vile. :mad::mad: Don't compromise your health for her ... get another sick note & she cannot do ANYTHING about it :) x

Maz, some boss you've got there! how can she expect someone to recover from major surgery in only 10 days - internally you can take months to heal. I absolutely agree with other comments - get another doctors note then she can't argue!

my hubby going mad lol. said i shouldnt have went back . says bad enough bypass but to have had hernia op too i should rest. i have made appointment at docs to see what he says. my open wound isnt healed yet so shouldnt be really working, i think im going get sicknote and stop off learn her lesson. she broke my confidentiality telling staf about my op to be insulted by immature people. then this she a proper one sided person, all take no give. thanks for all advice i really appreciate it xx

I'd ask the doc for a minimum of a month!

Mazbrad,

If you're not fit to be at work then, as others have already said, get yourself back to the doctors and get another fit note (no longer called sick notes) and continue to do so until you are fit to return to work. If you are entitled, through your contract, to sick pay then they are obliged to pay it for as long as your contract says - for many people it's a case of x number of weeks at full pay and x number of weeks at 1/2 pay then onto SSP - altenatively, if there is no specific provision for sick pay you are automatically entitled to SSP for as long as you are signed off sick and your employer recovers it from the government.

If you are off sick and your employer makes deductions from your salary because you were off sick you can take them to an employment tribunal for illegal deductions from your salary. They wouldn't have a leg to stand on!! If you want further information about this I can lead you in the right direction and would be happy to provide this information just let me know by PM.

Tatiana

i'm being called back into work next week for a 'chat' about my abscence told them i can't drive so they'll have to arrange a driver for me (there and back again) ;)

Joffy, if you're not fit to go in for a meeting at the moment then tell them so. They cannot force you to go in, especially if you can't drive there, while you're signed off sick.

Once you are fit to be considering returning to work then you can meet with them to discuss your return to work and what adjustments will have to be made (even in the short term) to facilitate that return to work. If they won't do what is required then you're simply not fit to return to work - end of story.

Take care and recover well,

Tatiana

my hubby going mad lol. said i shouldnt have went back . says bad enough bypass but to have had hernia op too i should rest. i have made appointment at docs to see what he says. my open wound isnt healed yet so shouldnt be really working, i think im going get sicknote and stop off learn her lesson. she broke my confidentiality telling staf about my op to be insulted by immature people. then this she a proper one sided person, all take no give. thanks for all advice i really appreciate it xx

im still off work and dont go back untill next thursday and im only going back because im going to have a total breakdown being at home on my own haha.
get your doc to sign you off they will have no issue whatso ever and dont feel guilry for it.your on your feet in your job and you dont want to make yourself ill, tell her to p**s off:eek:
xxx

Maz - what an idiot boss you have.....as well as vile and insensitive :argh: Also what she is doing is unlawful and bullying and you would be entitled to take legal action against her and the company if it should continue. :eek:

Just tell her to:kissass:

Stay home and get rested and repaired before attempting to go back to work. If it takes 4 weeks or 12 weeks - so be it! :p

Companies seem to think that as there is so much unemployment at the moment, they can treat their staff as they like and there`s no comeback.....but there are still regulations in the workplace to assist employees. So don`t be browbeaten hun x

Take care hun x

Love Kat x

Joffy, if you're not fit to go in for a meeting at the moment then tell them so. They cannot force you to go in, especially if you can't drive there, while you're signed off sick.

Once you are fit to be considering returning to work then you can meet with them to discuss your return to work and what adjustments will have to be made (even in the short term) to facilitate that return to work. If they won't do what is required then you're simply not fit to return to work - end of story.

Take care and recover well,

Tatiana

its in my contract of employment .........good old unions ;)

Back