• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

THATS IT....I GIVE IN !!!!!... it get any worse)

debbieb

ANY ADVICE ??..it just got worse... ( see my last post " can it get any worse ")...... I just spoke to my boss to say did you get that message that I left and my surgeon said I was ok to return to work , but my boss is being a ..... Well I won't say it or I will get thrown off this forum !!...lol, but he won't let me back !! Because he hasn't got a piece of paper in front of him saying that I am ok to go back....for gods sake isn't the damned surgeons word good enough ??..I am suppose to go back to my gp AGAIN !!!! And ask him to say that I am fit to return to work from when my original sick note ran out 31/1/12....it's now 20th feb ....and he's already refused once saying that it's the surgeons responsability not his !!!!......I am not ashamed to say that I have cried out of frustration ....all I want to do is go to work !!!..I am suppose to be at work Friday but my boss won't let me back !!!...... any advice ?.... I don't know what to do . X

Some people are so jobsworth!! If your sicknote covered your period from hospital admission to discharge, then it is usually down to the GP to provide a "fit note" Med 3's are not longer used (old sick note) for your recovery period. I would ask your GP in writing (and quote your surgeon), and cc it to your boss asking for a "fit to work certificate". Have you seen the original note, as they have 2 boxes at the bottom, one says you do need to be seen again before return to work and the other says you don't, which should really cover you.
Good luck
xx

Perhaps the surgeons secetary will fax a short letter to your place of work, phone up and start crying that should do the job. You have 3 days to try and get it sorted, i know they have the answer phone on a lot but she might pick up first thing?
NIGHTMARE!!!:eek::cry::mad:
Kim

Some people are so jobsworth!! If your sicknote covered your period from hospital admission to discharge, then it is usually down to the GP to provide a "fit note" Med 3's are not longer used (old sick note) for your recovery period. I would ask your GP in writing (and quote your surgeon), and cc it to your boss asking for a "fit to work certificate". Have you seen the original note, as they have 2 boxes at the bottom, one says you do need to be seen again before return to work and the other says you don't, which should really cover you.
Good luck
xx
hi, yes i did have to go into work to look at my original sick note and .....the damned surgeon didn't tick either box, they forgot to do it !!! god this is so frustrating, all i want to do is go to work !!!

Woo hoo .....it's a miracle !!!!!.....I finally got my gp to sign my return to work note ... I can go back to work on friday !!!!... 8 weeks since my op !!! .... Hang on a minute , why am I getting so excited about nights ? Lol

OOnion said:
LOL ! Hope you enjoy it...has anyone from work seen you since the op? I bet you get lots of "wow you look great" !
x

Hi,
My work colleagues have been fantastic !!.. I had text messages and calls from them as I was coming round from the anaesthetic , you couldn't wish for nicer people, and some of them have seen me , but others haven't ...but I have gone from a size 32 to a size 24 in trousers in just 8 weeks so I'm sure they will be pleasantly surprised.

Glad you got it but your company was not being awkward for a laugh...they have a legal responsibility as your employer to follow the rules.orherwise they would have been risking their ar@e should something have happened! be grateful you work for a credible company who won't bend the rules to suit them!

JO28172 said:
Glad you got it but your company was not being awkward for a laugh...they have a legal responsibility as your employer to follow the rules.orherwise they would have been risking their ar@e should something have happened! be grateful you work for a credible company who won't bend the rules to suit them!

This is so true I was back after 2 weeks and wasn't even asked if I was ok. And iam a key manager.

Thanks, I know that my boss was just following council policy , but I just seemed to be caught in the middle of a vicious circle between my boss, the surgeon, and my gp....but thankfully it's over and I can go back to work...x

Its nice your work colleagues were concerned, mine were really nice to. When i went back to work all the children (i work in a primary school) were like "Miss where have you been, you look different" I just told them i had my tonsils out which will mean i can shout louder now! should have seen there little faces!:D
Kim

Thats a great story...I work in a residential unit for disabled adults, I am going back on night shifts, so they will all be in bed ,so work will be easy going, all I basically do is ironing,mop the toilets, and the worst bit ...lol, mountains of paperwork !!!!

At last !!...just Finished my first shift back at work after 8 weeks ....just need to get the barium swallow out of the way next week and results back then hopefully sorted !!

HI Debbie!! only a suggestion, but why not phone the surgeons secretary and see if she can organise for the surgeon to sign a fit for work note, and fax it through to your doctor so that he can then sign your certificate as fit to return for work??

oops sorry debbie didnt realise you had already started back xxx

Thanks Amanda ,
After much passing the book between my gp , surgeon, and boss, I have finally managed to get back to work. Bit it's not over yet. I still have tests to go through.. next week I have got barium swallow x ray, then I have to go back for the results in couple of weeks time.

Back