• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bought a treadmill

top_kat

Wasn't particularly planned although I've been looking on ebay for a while, but today, up popped an email from Wowcher with one on offer including P+P at £134. While some of it is basic, it goes up to 10 km/h and also unlike a lot of them actually goes up to max user weight of 150kg/330lbs so it must be pretty heavy duty as most finish around the 15 stone 10/220lbs mark.

I didn't want an all dancing and singing one as I go to the gym, but I've been having problems with my knee for 6 weeks and although some gym stuff does hurt, walking doesnt. Plus I want to do something in the evening while watching some TV or while my son is around and when its too dark for me to go out.

So, they are going on ebay for more money than that, even 2nd hand, at least this way I get one which does what I need, calculates calories, distance, speed etc and will allow me to walk, plus a years warranty. I nearly paid £200 for one on ebay yesterday but glad I didn't get it . . .just came across this one by chance and the offer runs out at midnight . . .

So . . .even if I only use it for a few months, its not as if I've paid several hundred £££ on a treadmill. Plus, we got a bonus from work at Christmas of £125, so it means its actually cost me £9 even better :)

Should be here within about 10 days . . .can't wait to get going and doing some extra walking. One of the things my provider suggests is walking about 10,000 steps a day as exercise, which is around 5 miles. Now I can do it in the warmth, when I would be doing nothing . . .

Went back to the gym today too . . .first time in 6 weeks cos of my knee . . .cor blimey it was hard going LOL may sneak in a swim tonight when my son goes to watch the footie match . . .

:woohoo:

I did this and then sold it on for the same price once at goal as then started running out. Best purchase ever! More cost effective than hiring which I nearly did! X

Good for you! I've just got one too, not as cheap as yours but I'm pretty pleased with it as it was reduced and with my hours the gym isn't viable any more so I wanted one that does inclines/training modes etc like I used at the gym. It get's here Wednesday, along with my new memory foam mattress! which will be great for all my aches and pains. Can't wait. Enjoy Kat :) x

Good for you! I've just got one too, not as cheap as yours but I'm pretty pleased with it as it was reduced and with my hours the gym isn't viable any more so I wanted one that does inclines/training modes etc like I used at the gym. It get's here Wednesday, along with my new memory foam mattress! which will be great for all my aches and pains. Can't wait. Enjoy Kat :) x

Ah I bought a memory foam topper, in super king size and as I have a king size and only sleep on half of the bed (dogs and cats on the other lol) I folded it in half . . .it is WONDERFUL! Enjoy your mattress LOL

This is the 2nd time they have had this offer on recently, one time was about a week ago between Xmas and New Year cos I thought about it then. Sign up for email notifications and they will send through the offers (some of them can be really good - I actually get photobook vouchers via groupon and have saved hundreds on what I would have spent without them!)

But if not, I will keep an eye out. Groupon had some recently of Reebok ones which were half price, they were still in the region of £3-400 which I didn't want to go up to that level, but its worth keeping an eye out :)

Which treadmill did you buy Shelley??

I got a Reebok Z8 Treadmill. Although it wasn't really cheap, for all that it does it wasn't bad a at all. Has lots of training modes, steep inclines so should do the job :)

And Kat I shall enjoy my mattress so much! I've been sleeping on the worse mattress ever for months because I was waiting to get paid. My whole first pay check has gone in one go but it will be worth it for the exercise and a good nights sleep :) x

Sometimes we just have to spend the money. I was going to use the Xmas bonus on paying some money off the mortgage or paying for the car service, but I thought I need to do all of this now having had my band fitted . . .the mortgage will be there in another 20 years LOL I don't want my weight issues etc to still be such a high priority when Im 60 lol

Oh I agree I have a lot of debt due to my op so I really need to pay it off but you are right, weight loss and comfort has to come first! well in this instance for sure :D next pay check will go on my credit card! x

Most frustrated . . Took delivery of this on thursday . . .but it seems that it was possibly dropped or something during transit, or simply not packaged correctly because when I opened it, one of the corners (on the plastic part on the side has been broken off), most of it can be put back on but there'd be a little missing.

I wasn't going to accept it like this even though it won't affect the treadmill but i now have to wait for a replacement (should come wednesday).

When I told them I wasn't waiting in for them to collect the old one and they could either give me an hour timed slot or collect it from the garden, they told me via email that they aren't going to collect it at all and I can do what I want with it, sell it or whatever.

It is only a it of plastic on the back end, so am thinking I will sell it for a bargain price, and as I've got a cross trainer to sell as well cos the angle doesn't work right for me, I really need the sapce now, lol but the broken end wont affect the way the treadmill works, but quality wise, I think it will be fine for what I need when I do get one to put together lol just got to wait til Wednesday now for mine :(

cant come quick enough, the knee is bad again so a limit on the gym again for a while :(

That's a great deal, well done x

It occurred to me last week I'm now under the limit for more exercise equipment (can't afford it but could use it!!)

Back