• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Treadmill at home?

top_kat

Just wondering if anyone has a treadmill at home, if so, can I ask what one you have (make/model) and what the plus points or negatives are?

I have a cross trainer, but the angle of the feet positionings cause me real pain in my legs. I am looking at treadmills so that I can walk when my son is in bed at night etc or get up early and do some then post op, but just wondering if anyone has any recommendations?

I have one and love it - Reebok not sure on the model purchased as a new catalogue return off eBay ..

I also bought one for home use; it's reconditioned; from a guy who rents them out. The good thing is, that the first one he sold me went wrong after a short time so without any fuss he replaced it with another; and that's been fine. It cost me about 250 I think. I am not in the UK right now so I can't check on the make and model, sorry. That's also why I can't get a pound sign on this PC LOL!

Hi Kat - I have a Nordic Track i-fit treadmill, gift from my husband last year. It is large track machine but does fold up. It takes up to 25 stone in weight. It has built in speakers and a fan. The nice thing is that with i-fit I can set a route on my pc or i-pad and it transfers wirelessly to the treadmill. You can slot i-pad or laptop in control panel and do your route in google street view and the machine automatically puts in inclines and different speeds. One of the main reasons for picking this (i-fit bit aside) is that it is a low impact machine with great shock absorbing system. Not the cheapest but can pick them up now for around £600 - £700. I didn't use it much until pre-surgery but plan to use it everyday and have decided to walk round San Franciso as it is hilly and I can watch on street view as I walk!! Tracey xxx

Well done you on your enthusiasm... I don't have a treadmill, but I hired one to see if I'd use it enough before I splashed out and bought one, and I didn't. I use the cross trainer though, so bought one of those.
Maybe you could hire one to see if it's right for you, then take the good points from that model, when looking to get your own.

Thanks everyone.

Wow Tracey, just looking at the Nordic one now, I like the wireless download of routes, I'd be able to walk the streets of New York LOL
pretend Im on holiday lol

Hi Kat - I have a Nordic Track i-fit treadmill, gift from my husband last year. It is large track machine but does fold up. It takes up to 25 stone in weight. It has built in speakers and a fan. The nice thing is that with i-fit I can set a route on my pc or i-pad and it transfers wirelessly to the treadmill. You can slot i-pad or laptop in control panel and do your route in google street view and the machine automatically puts in inclines and different speeds. One of the main reasons for picking this (i-fit bit aside) is that it is a low impact machine with great shock absorbing system. Not the cheapest but can pick them up now for around £600 - £700. I didn't use it much until pre-surgery but plan to use it everyday and have decided to walk round San Franciso as it is hilly and I can watch on street view as I walk!! Tracey xxx

Tracey, just wondering, do you know which model it is? I can find the T8.0 for around that price mark, but the ones with fans etc are around the £1k mark . . .which having just about to spend £7 1/2 k on surgery, is a bit much LOL

Mine was off eBay...but an ex Argos one, im working away so not sure on name sorry but retailed at £250...I got it for £120 like new and used it so so much...I owe a lot to my treadmill! I'm just about to sell it on to a friend as don't use it these days but hey it was worth it, cheaper than hiring for 9months!!

Tracey, just wondering, do you know which model it is? I can find the T8.0 for around that price mark, but the ones with fans etc are around the £1k mark . . .which having just about to spend £7 1/2 k on surgery, is a bit much LOL
Hi Kat it is the Nordic Track T14 model available through Fitness Sale who have a web address ending in .co.uk (aware we cannot post links on our forum) for £749. I find mine really worthwhile and have just done a 45 minute walk whilst watching Murder in Suburbia on my iPad and following a Pre-set gentle uphill walk. Expensive but such great quality and good fun with the I-fit module built in. Txxx

Thanks so much for that, I will check it out :)

The only downside I can think of is the space it takes up. It's sitting in a small room that normally we don't use for anything special, but a time is coming up shortly where we are going to need that room (only temporarily) and the treadmill will have to be moved..that's going to be a job and a half!

Hi,
I think there are many shops which can provide you a treadmill machine. You can search for the shop in Google. I have a treadmill at home, and it’s been almost 5 years I have been using it. I must say that the machine has not yet given me any kind of trouble. You can also buy one, and start your workouts.

Argos motorised one, about 230 I think. Did the job for me :)

Thanks just to update on this thread which I posted just post band, is that I decided not to get any . . .I joined the gym instead :)

Back