• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Operation Thornbury Hospital 30th oct

MY NEW START IN LIFE

hi all,
intresting day yestoday i went to see mr ackroyed at the nothern general hospital appointment time 2:40 got there got weighed took my height and bmi then went in a room to see i thought would be dr ackroyed it was a very attractive blonde dr.
went throgh what i have done to lose weight ie tablets diets told her i have 5 meals a day and i snack in between meals, and i comfort eat late at night when my chronic pain kicks in, asked me what i wanted told her the gastric bypass, didn't have to see a diet nurse.
was told if i don't lose enough weight up to operation day if they could not do a bypass they would do the sleeve.

so next stop is the appoint to see if im fit to have operation then date so im well chuffed, the dr who was in place of dr ackroyed said she would be putting me down for the operation and there was a waiting list of 4 months.

i would like to thank all your help out there on this site for your understanding and kind replies.

can any body tell me if i have put this thread in the right place if not can you put it where it should be please!

my wife could not be with me yestoday as my 11' year old son was having 4 of his wisdom teeth out,but im sure she will suport me on my next appointment.

one last thing how do i go about showing a progress report below my name in this wonder full site.

BIGBEEFYBUILDER

Well done Beefy on stepping another rung up the ladder, now is the time you will really start to focus, good luck!

its getting closer

Well done and good luck with everything.

hi, i have got my next appointment on friday 27th september 10;45 for the clinic;centralised pre-operative assessment clinic that was fast comming through the post, its happening really fast lol.

bbb

hi, i have got my next appointment on friday 27th september 10;45 for the clinic;centralised pre-operative assessment clinic that was fast comming through the post, its happening really fast lol.

bbb

Had pre;assessment passed next stop awaiting operation for gastric bypass in next 12 weeks hopefully, thanks for all the cyber messages off you all,its great to get the support off you all.

BIGBEEFYBUILDER

I had my pre-op in May and my Op is this Thursday but that's at Jimmy's, hopefully yours will be quicker, good luck xx

milk diet

hi all, had my last appointment of the pre;operation tests done next thing will be the 10 day milk and fat free yog diet, how do you get through the days on this ? i suffer migrain and have terrible shakes if i don't get enough to eat.
how did you all cope ?

I've not done it yet, I'm not looking forward to it but know its a means to an end and will be a rough time for a relatively short time in the scope of this, try not to focus on the negative try and look forward to all the many positives :)

I've not done it yet, I'm not looking forward to it but know its a means to an end and will be a rough time for a relatively short time in the scope of this, try not to focus on the negative try and look forward to all the many positives :)

hi, thanks for info, i love milk but only the semi skimmed milk i think its 2 ltrs of milk a day and 2 yogs, not looking forward to this but its not a long time to do it in.
:-(

That's the main thing to bear in mind - it's not for long. I did 3 weeks of it, and it was only week three that I felt exhausted and washed-out.
Good luck with it!

hi, thanks for info, i love milk but only the semi skimmed milk i think its 2 ltrs of milk a day and 2 yogs, not looking forward to this but its not a long time to do it in.
:-(

I will be doing the milk diet and I don't like milk I can just about cope with skimmed milk in my tea, but I'm sure we will knuckle down and get on with it, some poor sods on here have had a month or 6 weeks of milk diet!!! :cry:

Just finishing 2 weeks of high protein, low (no) carb, preop diet. I know it's not as radical as the milk one, but I just looked at as if I was following a 'medication' plan. Also the thought of my liver being too large to undergo keyhole surgery, kept me on the straight and narrow. Good luck!

around day 4 tends to be the time the headaches can kick in, but it's also around this time that the feelings of hunger start to go. I suffer from chronic migraine bug the pre-op milk diet didn't spark any off for me.

Make thicker milk drinks by blending, if you're allowed NAS milkshake, mix it with ice cubes etc in a blender - makes it thicker and more filling, same as milky coffees.

You can also mix a yoghurt with milk, again with ice etc and make a smoothie.

Are you allowed a stock cube or stock drink, as you can make one with milk too so it's savoury, freeze milk to make ice pops.

If you're allowed sugar free jelly (some are) ,make it with milk and have a milk jelly :)

I did the milk and low fat yoghurt diet and I don't like milk either. I just used to make milk jellies with low sugar jellies, frothy coffees etc ... And I admit I really missed chewing ... So I ate sliced cucumber when it got really bad :sigh: the motivation was that I was losing weight and shrinking the liver putting myself in the best position for surgery. Its worth a few weeks sacrifice, because we have to be able to adapt after the op too .... If we don't/can't change for a few weeks, is wls really going to be successful? Keep on going bbb :D

Best wishes mate,hope you get what you want soon..trust me it's well worth it.

hi all, had my last appointment of the pre;operation tests done next thing will be the 10 day milk and fat free yog diet, how do you get through the days on this ? i suffer migrain and have terrible shakes if i don't get enough to eat.
how did you all cope ?
Hi
I have almost finished 8 days of milk diet and The last couple I feel have been the hardest..not because Im hungry because I want to eat something
Smells are heightened, I smelt toast this morning and I could have cried, lol
But Hey Ho I am banded on this Thursday so the worst is over
Some say its a short time to do it, But I am not going to lie to you I found it tough going, but the hope is now my liver will have shrunk enough for surgery to go as planned;)

Good Luck :)

PS
I did eat and apple and a tomato :(

I did the milk and low fat yoghurt diet and I don't like milk either. I just used to make milk jellies with low sugar jellies, frothy coffees etc ... And I admit I really missed chewing ... So I ate sliced cucumber when it got really bad :sigh: the motivation was that I was losing weight and shrinking the liver putting myself in the best position for surgery. Its worth a few weeks sacrifice, because we have to be able to adapt after the op too .... If we don't/can't change for a few weeks, is wls really going to be successful? Keep on going bbb :D

OMG I would have sold my soul for a milk jelly I didn't know we could have that...feel a little cheated now..lol :D:rolleyes:

OMG I would have sold my soul for a milk jelly I didn't know we could have that...feel a little cheated now..lol :D:rolleyes:

Not everyone can have milk Jelly - only some providers allow sugar free jelly to be used on the pre-op. So if it wasn't in your providers guidelines, then its likely it wasn't allowed anyway :)

Back