• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Operation Thornbury Hospital 30th oct

Not everyone can have milk Jelly - only some providers allow sugar free jelly to be used on the pre-op. So if it wasn't in your providers guidelines, then its likely it wasn't allowed anyway :)

Yes its amazing how many differences there are between surgeons even at the same hospital,
Thank you Kat x :)

It's really not that bad. Just keep your eye on the goal. I hate milk and soup so all I cud have was 2 yoghurts, 4 fruit and unlimited sugar free jelly.
Will never eat jelly again as long as I live thou lol

hi iam having gastric band surgery on the 2nd of november just would like to hear from people about what they ate 2 weeks after surgery

The short answer is sod all :D

Your provider will give you a list of what they say you can have. Typically it's runny soup and yoghurt without bits and milk.

Aim to keep your fluids up as much as you can it's not always easy at first. Also it's sometime tricky to get in more than 400 calories despite what your provider says as you may not feel like it, be knackered or your new (improved) stomach may not feel like it.

It's only a short time to get through for the rest of your life ;)

Best wishes mate,hope you get what you want soon..trust me it's well worth it.

Hi thanks for all the good luck wishes, got a letter this afternoon saying my operation is booked at the Sheffield Thornbury Hospital on Wednesday 30th october 2013.
so milk and yog diet "bring it on" lol.
BBB

10 DAY MILK DIET NEXT

Hi, got a letter this afternoon saying my operation is booked at the Sheffield Thornbury Hospital on Wednesday 30th october 2013.
so milk and yog diet "bring it on" lol.
BBB

Well done for your perseverance - finally a date! Look forward to hearing your progress, best of luck on pre-op :)

Good luck with it all x

Congratulations on getting your op date :talk017:

hi all, had my last appointment of the pre;operation tests done next thing will be the 10 day milk and fat free yog diet, how do you get through the days on this ? i suffer migrain and have terrible shakes if i don't get enough to eat.
how did you all cope ?

Hi BBB... Im having my bypass on THIS Thursday (17th) at St Richard's Hosp, Chichester.

Im currently on Day 8 of my milk diet. 4 pints of semi-skimmed is not so bad, I have Crusha (no added sugar) for cold drink... but am drinking most of it heated up in the microwave as coffee drink. Its more satisfying (for me) with hot milk... cold makes me feel "empty" ! I could almost give my left arm for ONE CHIP !!! but I know I cant and its for my future, as if I dont have surgery, I have no future and I have waited 2yrs! My only problem at the mo, is Im a little constipated. I save a "sugar free" jelly for my evening meal - something to look forward to. Ive tried the oxo cube and chicken stock cube etc - but they are TOO salty for me, so the nurse said I could just lick my finger and dip it in salt - its over and done with far quicker.

Its hard to do this milk diet (esp if others are eating lovely food nearby or in same room), but I try and keep busy... Im currently re-decorating my bathroom and massive spring clean of the whole house. At least it will be nice and clean when I come home post-surgery!!!

I also get migraines etc... but havent had any yet... but had my first mild headache today, but it soon passed - usual trick an afternoon nap did the job. Also its amazing how many programmes on TV are food related or have food items... I suppose you just get more "sensitive" ???

Also - Despite having lost a bit of weight on the diet, I have noted Im a bit grumpy too - frustration I think - but hey I count the days and say its not for long... Its Friday night now... so only have until Weds at 3pm. THEN I can have some clear soup and have to stop the milk... and then midnight on Weds - Nil by mouth obviously... so its not for long.

Good luck... and wish you well...

Good luck...I hope you pre op diet go's well for you..
I call it the
"God Awful Milk Diet"..but it really does work and gives you the bonus of a good weight loss too xxxxxx

Good Luck BBB xxxxx

Exciting BBB, I'm a day behind having mine on 31st! Excited, nervous, petrified lol, slim fast for me for 2 weeks, 2 days in and it's not too bad yet, I actually quite like it although I'm sure that after two weeks I'll be sick of it. Good luck to you my lovely x

Exciting BBB, I'm a day behind having mine on 31st! Excited, nervous, petrified lol, slim fast for me for 2 weeks, 2 days in and it's not too bad yet, I actually quite like it although I'm sure that after two weeks I'll be sick of it. Good luck to you my lovely x

And good luck to you x x

Back