• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Brown Sugar Splenda!

fuze

Hello everyone. Its been a while since I have been on here but I dont know if someone can help. I have been looking EVERYWHERE for brown sugar splenda, I used to be able to get it from sainsburies down the road but I cant find it in any supermarket. Has anyone seen it recently anywhere?> I love the gingerbread men (phatgirl recipie) and you need brown sugar splenda to make it!! I am soooo upset I can find it, my gingerbread men are my little treat!!!!

Thanks everyone who reads this for taking the time

xxx

Hi, I purchased this recently in my local Asda, I think the bigger Sainsburies do it too.

I haven't cooked with it yet although I tried sprinkling some on some onions I was cooking the other day to see if they would caremalise.... they didn't and they were disgusting!!! :eek::p:D

Cuppa xx

I found some in B&M Home but didnt buy it because I read the back and the sugar content seemed high, which shocked me because it is a sweetener, so I didnt buy it.
Steph xx

quality save/home bargins have it put some in a apple pie it was very nice................kath x

I wonder whether this is a regional thing as I've just done a search on my.supermarket which covers Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's & Ocado and none of them stock it! :(

I found some in B&M Home but didnt buy it because I read the back and the sugar content seemed high, which shocked me because it is a sweetener, so I didnt buy it.
Steph xx

I noticed that as well and I didn't want to risk a dumping episode so I didn't buy it.

thanks for the replies guys! I have used it alot before especially to make protein biscuits. I am a VERY sensitive dumper (even nearly 12 months out- and long may it continue!) anyway I have had no problem with it. I know the sugar content looks high but you dont use alot of it in the recipes so when you work out how much sugar is in a whole recipe it is not that much!! I want to experiment with it also to make my wedding cake (well just one bit of it so I can have a little of it on my wedding day).

Anyway thanks for the replies!

fuze said:
thanks for the replies guys! I have used it alot before especially to make protein biscuits. I am a VERY sensitive dumper (even nearly 12 months out- and long may it continue!) anyway I have had no problem with it. I know the sugar content looks high but you dont use alot of it in the recipes so when you work out how much sugar is in a whole recipe it is not that much!! I want to experiment with it also to make my wedding cake (well just one bit of it so I can have a little of it on my wedding day).

Anyway thanks for the replies!

What are protein biscuits? Do you have the recipe? I live in the states so brown sugar splenda is easy to get here. Sorry:(

Back