• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass blips

belbouteloup

Hi folks
Hope your all doing fine and dandy despite this miserable weather ! havnt posted on here in a while, babies with chickenpox,selling our buisness, all a bit manic. but i always check in to see what you lovely peeps are up to.
couple of quick questions, whilst i`ve got a couple of hours peace !
I had my bypass on November 25th and was 15 stone pre op. i have lost a fantastic 4 stone since, and am thrilled, however for the last couple of weeks i have not really lost much apart from a couple of pounds, is it possible i have plateaued and am now at my final weight ? also in last couple of weeks, feel alot hungrier than i have done, still only eat small portions, but can now eat almost anything, whereas before(post op) i was really fussy and most things made me feel ill, my surgeon told me i should estimate to be losing weight for about 9 months, and mine has only been 3.cant work it out.
I also havnt had a period since my op, is that normal ?
sorry for the barrage of questions,just trying to fit it all in , while i can. would really appreciate any advice, as i`m feeling a bit low:cry:, and can always rely on a helping hand from you guys:p

Sorry you are feeling low Bel, but huge congratulations on your amazing weight loss.

So you are not yet 3 months post surgery. I would say that it is likely you will continue to lose - obviously depending on your BMI. 11 stone doesnt sound particularly heavy but if you are short then you may still have some weight to lose.

As far as being able to eat anything - my understanding is that at your stage, you should be able to eat anything - just not in the portion sizes that you would have been able to eat post op.

Also, weight loss on any kind of "diet" can lead to disruptions to yoru cycle so I wouldnt be too alarmed. Have you taken a pregnancy test to rule that out?

I'm sure one of the more experienced peeps will be along soon. In the meantime, keep your chin up. It sounds to me like you are coping very well x

pregnancy test !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????? OMG ! never bloody thought of that Sam ! i cant be ! only had my op a few months ago. think i`ve got a pee stick somewhere. too scared to check now !

Have you been eating properly whilst the little ones have been poorly andeverything else, it could be that you haven't been eating enough and just need to boost your metabolisim a bit, other than that I don't really know, but the sooner you do a test the sooner you can rule it out

Phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ! am not ! that was a bit scary. did most of you come on as normal the month after your op ?

Hi B, well done with your weight loss! I can really eat most anything at 3 months so don't worry. If you are feeling hungry alot then I would try to eat mostly solid foods (skip soups, cereal, etc) and try for protein dense meals. Also take a look at how many simple carbs you eat (bread, rice, pasta, potatoes), you can always trim them because they can cause carb cravings which feels like hunger. Are you getting much exercise? Most people who have successful weight loss add exercise after about 4-6 weeks post-op. It helps ramp up your metabolism & helps you have more energy as well as shedding pounds.

As for the monthly, mine have been like clockwork since my op. If it is an abnormal thing for you to skip cycles, I would recommend that you check in with your GP. It is probably just your hormones reacting to the surgery but I would suggest you have a word with a health professional to put your mind at ease.

Best of luck & hope your babies recover soon!

Nic:)

pregnancy test !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????? OMG ! never bloody thought of that Sam ! i cant be ! only had my op a few months ago. think i`ve got a pee stick somewhere. too scared to check now !

Oh Gosh, so sorry hun - didn't mean to freak you out lol

Hi Bellsie :) Lovely to see you on here posting.

I am sure the slow down is just a temporary blip. If you're worried about your hunger levels, read PG's fabby posts on pouch rules http://www.minimins.com/surgical-weight-loss/69900-pouch-rules-dummies-informational-post.html as that could really help you feel full.

I have found that my periods have gone the other way, more of them! I would check things out with the GP if i were you, just to be on the safe side.

You've done fantastically well, and this isn't the end.

awww thanks guys !!! great to hear from you Shell bell. Guess what your right, i`ve been sitting here all day watching crap on TV, didnt want to go out in the rain, and i thought hell yeah your right, i`ve put myself through this op, and i`m loafing around waiting for the weight to drop off, so i phoned virgin active(down the road from me) and on the off chance joining fee was only £10 !!! they also have a creche where i can leave the baby. had some probs after my op with my heart and had a check up with the cardiologist last monday but was cancelled due to the snow, now been rebooked for late March !!!! i was kind of using this as an excuse, but now, i know in my heart of hearts (scuse the pun) i am fine,i will start with just gentle exercise and see what happens.
thanks guys for making me take this positive step, couldn`t do it without you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:clap: way to go Bellsie! Hit that gym and those pounds will positively drip away :D

Hi folks
Hope your all doing fine and dandy despite this miserable weather ! havnt posted on here in a while, babies with chickenpox,selling our buisness, all a bit manic. but i always check in to see what you lovely peeps are up to.
couple of quick questions, whilst i`ve got a couple of hours peace !
I had my bypass on November 25th and was 15 stone pre op. i have lost a fantastic 4 stone since, and am thrilled, however for the last couple of weeks i have not really lost much apart from a couple of pounds, is it possible i have plateaued and am now at my final weight ? also in last couple of weeks, feel alot hungrier than i have done, still only eat small portions, but can now eat almost anything, whereas before(post op) i was really fussy and most things made me feel ill, my surgeon told me i should estimate to be losing weight for about 9 months, and mine has only been 3.cant work it out.
I also havnt had a period since my op, is that normal ?
sorry for the barrage of questions,just trying to fit it all in , while i can. would really appreciate any advice, as i`m feeling a bit low:cry:, and can always rely on a helping hand from you guys:p

Hi bel.. hope what I have to tell you might help. We had our surgeries a week apart so we are pretty much on the same path. I had a huge weight loss initially but in the last month it has slowed down but is still going down. I saw my surgeon today and asked about my weight loss and told him I was concerned that it had slowed down and he told me this was perfectly normal, that people do reach a plateau a couple of months after surgery and its not something that is fully understood, or I did n't fully understand what he said but it was to do with body fluids and rapid weightloss and the body having to sort its self out. He told me just keep doing what I've been doing and it will start to come off a bit more quickly again so if I was you I'd feel assured by this and just keep up the good work and it will pay dividends. I hope this helps

Alia xxx

certainly does hun. Thanks alot.have been really worried that I am eating to much,feel better about things now.just been on e bay buying a sports bra for my new fitness regime .really want to stick with it and not lodge it after a few months like I usually do with everything. I want nice toned arms for the summer and a firm booty to match x

certainly does hun. Thanks alot.have been really worried that I am eating to much,feel better about things now.just been on e bay buying a sports bra for my new fitness regime .really want to stick with it and not lodge it after a few months like I usually do with everything. I want nice toned arms for the summer and a firm booty to match x

I know exactly what you mean about wanting to stick to it and not blowing it after a few months as that is exactly what I have done with every 'diet' that I've followed. I go in with all guns blazing and drop my weight very quickly by being very restrictive and I'm not able to sustain it for long periods so then I gain what I lost plus the extra.. same old same old. I know this surgery is my last chance of getting to a healthy weight as I'm NOT able to do it any other way and thats what keeps me going. If I don't do it with this bypass then I'm bound for a miserable existence, not able to take care of my kids or even myself and just piling more and more weight on so I have to do it this time, I have no other option. Previously for me when I've followed a diet, a bad day would turn into a bad week and the I'd never get back to the programme I was following and I'd blow it all. I have changed my mind set in that now I know that a bad day is simply that and tomorrow is another day and I can just leave yesterday behind and start afresh with out blowing all my good work. My surgeon did mention excersise today and said now I'm at the stage where I need to excersise in addition to the healthy eating as other wise the weight loss will slow down and I'll end up carrying my tummy skin on a skateboard cause it will be so loose. Sod that I'm heading down to the park with the baby every day for a nice paced walk around the park.. figure thats a good place to start as previously the only excersise that I had was walking in and out of the kitchen looking for nice things to eat.

Alia xxx

LOL. I so know what you mean ! I can sit on my days off watching loose women all day until ready steady cook comes on and the only exercise I've done is with my fingers switching chanels on the remote ! Having little ones does help though. They have a way of making you run your butt off ! It's nice to meet someone who has had their op around the same time. Really weird, I was like you in not managing to eat proper food, meat made me sick, the thought of fish made me I'll, I was sooo fussy post bypass, could barley eat a thing. Then about 2 weeks ago started gettying really hungry again and now can eat anything. Don't like it.much prefered never being hungry. Hope it goes !! How old are your kids? Do you have 6 ?

LOL. I so know what you mean ! I can sit on my days off watching loose women all day until ready steady cook comes on and the only exercise I've done is with my fingers switching chanels on the remote ! Having little ones does help though. They have a way of making you run your butt off ! It's nice to meet someone who has had their op around the same time. Really weird, I was like you in not managing to eat proper food, meat made me sick, the thought of fish made me I'll, I was sooo fussy post bypass, could barley eat a thing. Then about 2 weeks ago started gettying really hungry again and now can eat anything. Don't like it.much prefered never being hungry. Hope it goes !! How old are your kids? Do you have 6 ?

I do have 6 children, I have a 15 year old, soon to be 16, daughter, twin boys and girl who are 13, twin boys who are 12 (9 months 3 weeks between the two sets of twins) and I have my darling baby boy who is 15 months old and certainly keeps me on my feet. The other thing thats keeping me busy is the housework. I have a really big house over 3 floors and it kills me going up to the 3rd floor as the steps are really steep. Prior to my surgery I never went up there but I'm aiming to get up there at least once a day now.. keeps the kids on their toes too cause I get to check their bedrooms out lol

For about 8 weeks after my surgery I never felt hungry at all and so wish it had stayed like that but same as you it did n't. Now I do get hungry and wish I did n't cause thats what made me start snacking again. I was a total snacker before my surgery and it really is n't a good place to be. When I feel the hunger pangs now I'm having a glass of iced water and it stops the grumbling for a while. I'm having to be really quite strict with myself now as I really need to do this. I'm really not a fish person but I know its so good for me and I can tolerate it so I'm going to add alot of that into my diet as it sits easier than chicken or anything else.

Alia xxx

Be careful with fish types for instance Mackerel and Sardines have a very high oil content, this is natural oils and good for you but it could also bring on a dump if your not used to it.

I do have 6 children, I have a 15 year old, soon to be 16, daughter, twin boys and girl who are 13, twin boys who are 12 (9 months 3 weeks between the two sets of twins) and I have my darling baby boy who is 15 months old and certainly keeps me on my feet. The other thing thats keeping me busy is the housework. I have a really big house over 3 floors and it kills me going up to the 3rd floor as the steps are really steep. Prior to my surgery I never went up there but I'm aiming to get up there at least once a day now.. keeps the kids on their toes too cause I get to check their bedrooms out lol

For about 8 weeks after my surgery I never felt hungry at all and so wish it had stayed like that but same as you it did n't. Now I do get hungry and wish I did n't cause thats what made me start snacking again. I was a total snacker before my surgery and it really is n't a good place to be. When I feel the hunger pangs now I'm having a glass of iced water and it stops the grumbling for a while. I'm having to be really quite strict with myself now as I really need to do this. I'm really not a fish person but I know its so good for me and I can tolerate it so I'm going to add alot of that into my diet as it sits easier than chicken or anything else.

Alia xxx

You have your work cut out with 6 kids I only just coped with 1 lol

Be careful with fish types for instance Mackerel and Sardines have a very high oil content, this is natural oils and good for you but it could also bring on a dump if your not used to it.

I have n't touched anything like that at all since my op, what I'm eating now is plain white fish fillets, can't remember the name though I'll have to have a look in the freezer.

Alia if its frozen white fillets chances are its from the cod family, or haddock or whiting, which are not the high level oily fish

Back