• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass blips

... I had my bypass on November 25th and was 15 stone pre op. i have lost a fantastic 4 stone since, and am thrilled, however for the last couple of weeks i have not really lost much apart from a couple of pounds, is it possible i have plateaued and am now at my final weight ? also in last couple of weeks, feel alot hungrier than i have done, still only eat small portions, but can now eat almost anything, whereas before(post op) i was really fussy and most things made me feel ill, my surgeon told me i should estimate to be losing weight for about 9 months, and mine has only been 3.cant work it out.
I also havnt had a period since my op, is that normal ? ... i`m feeling a bit low:cry:

Hey, ask away, that is what we are here for!

Congrats on your weight loss to date. I had my bypass on 1st September & was 23 stone then. I have now lost 6 stone. I haven't lost anything for a few weeks now, but the plateus HAVE been commonplace along the way so not too bothered.

A couple of pounds, IS a couple of pounds so it hasn't stopped. You are certainly NOT at your final weight so don't worry, it will kick in again soon, once your body catches up with itself!

I know the feeling of "alot hungrier than i have done, still only eat small portions, but can now eat almost anything" & I did worry about it, especially as I don't dump (which I don't know is a good thing!)

I haven't had the problem with my periods. I was fortunate (!!) enough to have my period when I had my op & they have been regular since so they appear to have sorted themselves out, & not so heavy - despite reading that people reckon they get heavier, which I was concerned about.

Having said this, & may be what your "i`m feeling a bit low:cry:" is about ... my PMT is worse in that I get low & spots (like I did as a teen!) when I am due my period. Oh well, you can't have it all ways, ha!

Just hang intere & all will be well. As I say, this too shall pass!!

Back