• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass booked

Shaz101963

Hi

I have really been inspired by this site.

My Mum had a gastric bypass this time last year and has done extremely well going from a size 22-24 down to a size 12.

I have struggled with my weight since my late teens and have done most diets and diet fads over the years, including weight loss pills. The most success I had was with Slimming World where I managed to lose nearly 4 stone at one point. Needless to say I am an emotional eater, I eat when I am happy, I eat when I am depressed.

I had a breakdown in February of this year, which sent me on a downward spiral, my weight has gone up and up. Anti-depressants mixed with an under active thyroid, together with comfort eating is not a good combination.

A month ago I decided (after having to buy a bigger work uniform) to do something about my increasing size and started researching Gastric Banding.
I found this site and read some of the brilliant diaries and also found that I could have Banding done by the same surgeon that did my Mum's bypass.

I took the plunge and booked my first consultation with Mr El Hasani at Chelsfield Park Hospital, my Mum came with me for support. He was really nice and, after quite a few questions, he said because of my current medical history and my family medical history I was better suited to have a bypass.

I must admit I was a bit worried, could I cope with having a bypass?, I had considered a band over bypass as it was reversible. Mr El Hasani said he could fit me with a band, but I would probably be coming back for a bypass in a couple of years. I came home not totally sure what I was going to do.

Well a couple of weeks of more research, talking to my Mum and hubby, oh and securing the private funding, I finally booked in for my op.

I will be having a Gastric Bypass on 25th January 2014, New Year, New ME !!

Good luck :)

That is great! I am having mine on the 23rd January in Manchester! You should join the January surgery trend if you haven't alright! We will support each other! And hopefully answer any questions or worries!

Welcome and good luck. I'm being sleeved in January. As Andie1379 says join us in the January thread, we can all help each other thru x

good luck:D

I had my bypass by El-Hasani at Chelsfield Park pn 24th Nov.

What can I say!! The team there are amazing and great fun!! He is a great surgeon and went beyond his duty to give me a bypass.....I was BMI 74 and he really struggled to do the op. Thankfully he persevered and went 90 mins over on the surgery time to give me what I really wanted.

I don't regret it. The post-op diet is a real challenge and I have struggled most days. But I know my life is changing. I'm getting more mobile. I feel happier. I have higher hopes for the future.

WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!!

X

hi welcome and good luck

Hey! good luck with your surgery! Your story sounds very similar to mine. I'm hoping to have a bypass done on NHS in 2014. Here's to new beginnnings xxx

good luck I am having gastric bypass 13th feb hope all goes well

Hi I have really been inspired by this site. My Mum had a gastric bypass this time last year and has done extremely well going from a size 22-24 down to a size 12. I have struggled with my weight since my late teens and have done most diets and diet fads over the years, including weight loss pills. The most success I had was with Slimming World where I managed to lose nearly 4 stone at one point. Needless to say I am an emotional eater, I eat when I am happy, I eat when I am depressed. I had a breakdown in February of this year, which sent me on a downward spiral, my weight has gone up and up. Anti-depressants mixed with an under active thyroid, together with comfort eating is not a good combination. A month ago I decided (after having to buy a bigger work uniform) to do something about my increasing size and started researching Gastric Banding. I found this site and read some of the brilliant diaries and also found that I could have Banding done by the same surgeon that did my Mum's bypass. I took the plunge and booked my first consultation with Mr El Hasani at Chelsfield Park Hospital, my Mum came with me for support. He was really nice and, after quite a few questions, he said because of my current medical history and my family medical history I was better suited to have a bypass. I must admit I was a bit worried, could I cope with having a bypass?, I had considered a band over bypass as it was reversible. Mr El Hasani said he could fit me with a band, but I would probably be coming back for a bypass in a couple of years. I came home not totally sure what I was going to do. Well a couple of weeks of more research, talking to my Mum and hubby, oh and securing the private funding, I finally booked in for my op. I will be having a Gastric Bypass on 25th January 2014, New Year, New ME !!
There seems to be a few of us booked for January. Please add yourself to the January thread and we can all support each other.
Best of luck and here's to 2014 :))

Shaz you already joined in the January thread. Sorry. My bad !!!! I have baby brain ;-0
All the best with your new year preop diet x

Back