• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass daily menu -

Chrisa your dinner sounds fab :)

Breakfast - three spoonfuls start right with skim milk
Lunch - one slice pork, two plain melba toast, lf mayo, pudding of homemade Eton mess one chopped strawberry, four blueberries, three five p size meringues, 1 tsp diabetic strawberry conserve, fage yoghurt - amazeballs!
Dinner - cauliflower, sugar snaps, one roastie, two tsp carrot n potato mash, stuffing, roast pork, gravy

It was delicious ta, I make sunday luch every week my hubby works sunday mornigns 6 til 12 so have it ready for him coming in. My favourite meal of the week also always have plenty left to see me another 3 days or so through the week saves me thinking what i can have each night, my hubby loves veg but won't eat them every day, doesnt bother me. As long as I have gravy on am fine. xx

Hi, I'm still pre-op, my operation is this coming friday. But I just wanted to ask what IF PATE AND IF MAYO is? You guys really are doing well, seems that the hardest part is this pre-op clear liquid diet for two weeks! lol

I do the same n I always plate up for a lad at work who loves Sunday dinners but can't cook and doesn't have family to go to he won't eat any veg but mushy peas or carrots so I always have a tin of peas in lol xxx

& when I put ltl mayo its lighter than light ( helmans )

Good evening ladies and the odd gent :p

Had a pretty good day food wise. Glad to be able to eat "normally" now. I really must do something about breakfast though.

Breakfast - Glass of SemiSkimmed Milk with 2 Teaspoons of Milk Powder and a dash of Crusha 19g Protein

Lunch - One Sausage, One Aunt Bessies Mash Patty, Carrots, Green Beans, Peas and Gravy (tasted like heaven) 8g Protein

Snack - Walnuts 4g Protein

Tea- Same as Lunch as i had a Sausage left over and once again it was Divine. 8g Protein

Supper - Cup of Semi Skimmed Milk Warmed with Added Milk Powder and Half a Sachet of Options for Flavour 19g protein

58 grams of Protein
787 Calories

Yay! I am proud of myself today. And i have been swimming today :)

When you have a bypass how long and when do you eat what foods hope this makes sense did to me as I was righting it, I thought it was liquid for 4weeks after but now I am not sure.

When you have a bypass how long and when do you eat what foods hope this makes sense did to me as I was righting it, I thought it was liquid for 4weeks after but now I am not sure.

depends which hospital hunni , they all have differing time scales , i was only on liquids for a week & on proper food by 6 weeks x

We left hospital 2 days aftre the op had fluids 1st day had weetabix on 2nd morning then allowed home puree for 4 weeks then soft food but not pureed then onto ordinary everyday food. xx Just depends what the hospital in your area reccommends. xx

Like already said, hospitals are different. Mine is liquids for a week, puree for 2 weeks, soft food with a little crunchy for 3 weeks and then onto normal solids. I start puree tomorrow; I'm looking forward to it!

Today i have had
B strawberries and grapes with fage, 1glass prune juice.
L rice with chicken, 3 strawberries.
S gingersnap
T cabbage,carrots,turnip,beef,pudding,gravy,mint sauce.
tea, coffee, peppermint tea, water.

These daily menu's are invaluable. I've been reading through and although it makes me tad peckish because I can't eat, it really has given me lots of healthy ideas for when I'm on solids after the op. Thanks everyone :) x

Today I have had -

Breakfast semi skimmed milk with added dried milk and a dash of crusha

Snack Asda peanut butter granola bar - 1 slice

Lunch Asda prawn and pasta salad (small tub)

Tea 3 mini savoury eggs with a big dollop of fage and brown sauce

Going to have another glass of milk and some jerky later :)

B - total 2% , strawberries , granola
L - chicken tikka wrap ( half warburton square & left over tikka from sat )
D - chilli & tortillas chips
S - 1x chilli ryvita & lf pate

Tea , milk before bed

1006 cals 68 g protein
150cals burnt on Wii

Really glad peeps are finding our daily menus useful, I just started the tgread to stop myself cheating!!

Breakfast - two strawberries, ten blueberries, ww yoghurt, sprinkle start right
Lunch - eight king prawns, two inches chopped peeled cuecumber, two melba toast homemade lf ls seafood sauce
Dinner - leftover veggies from Sunday, carrot n pot mash, baby corn, cauliflower, sugar snaps, one roast potato, gravy, two tsp applesauce

Tea and water

Back