• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass daily menu -

I haven't, as yet, dumped, and Im 17 months post op.

Im ok with two weetabix...do you think it might be the mixing of the liquid with the solids thats making you feel that way?
Sometimes, I mix a l/f yoghurt with milk, to make the liquid thicker...rather like pouring yoghurt I suppose. Maybe you could try that? Hope that helps!

I struggle with half a weetabix as I rarely finish it but I'm only 6 months out

yEAH MIGHT HELP I HAVEO ONLY HAD IT WITH MILK AND FRUIT XX I AM NEARLY 3 YEAR POST OP AND STILL CAN DUMP ON REALLY SWEET STUFF.

I can only manage one, I'm 15 months out but have a VERY tight pouch!! My portions are still very very small!!

I can just about manage half a brown bread sandwich and even after that i feel like I'm going to burst lool

Never tried more than one, just too full up to attempt anymore.

I do love having a tight pouch but it does make going to restaurants hard because i cant even finish a starter!! The problem is though 2 hours later an im ready for more food!! Lol
X

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi just read the post about the weetabix and I can't have any cereal they make me bump badly. There's not much I can't eat in small quantities but ice cream, cereal cake and such like is a no no.
I never thought I'd see the day when I'd say no to anything with sugar in.
Today

B- Banana on toast
L- Cherry tomatoes, ham, pasta
D- beef, new potato, veg, gravy.
S- pops, peach, lolly.
D- tea x 4

ForumRunner_20140608_230406.jpg

Hi guys,
Todays Menu:

First Thing:
Weetabix cereal bar

Breakfast:
Weetabix Mini's Fruit and Nut (was not good!! First try of these, felt really sick)

Mid am snack:
Muller light greek style yogurt
1 piece of mango and melon

Lunch:
Brie and cracker wheat and some vegetable batons and a pack of pom bears

Pm snack:
Chip sticks, hand full of nuts and 1/2 a banana and some raisins

Dinner: (yet to be had)
Warburton squareish wrap made in to a home made pizza with ham and mushrooms and sweetcorn and a side salad

Later on after dinner:
Glass of milk
Muller light yogurt
Maybe an ice lolly?

Also going to cook my lunch for tomorrow whilst i am there:
Making baked salmon fillet with stir fried vegetables cooked in a chinese spiced oil with garlic an chilli

Xx

I am only 11 weeks out and can manage a weetabix! Gettin worried now. I dont dump as yet and feel like I can eat quite a lot. I do follow all the rules with the drinking and eating slowly, I just dont feel 'full' on the small portions everyone else seems to. The weight is coming off though but I am worried about the future and gaining again once the golden period is over.

btw way how long is that? x

How long is what?

the period when you lose the most weight? sorry for confusion x

This is a brilliant thread and so helpfull to people like me who are recently bypassed. It gives lots of ideas for different foods to try. Thanks guys for posting x

the period when you lose the most weight? sorry for confusion x

Hi Hun,
People can still eat different amounts post op so don't worry; as long as you're following your providers instructions and feeling no pain you should be fine. I was another with the slightly bigger meals.

The golden period varies and depends a lot on how much you lost preop and how much more you have to lose. As a rule the heavier you were the longer your golden period. Generally it is six months. However you will still lose after that if you work hard :) I am still losing very slowly and am 2 years out :)

Hth

Im am at goal and have been for the last 5 months and im 26 months post op (in fact I've lost slightly too much as i was told at the hospital in Wed) The goal for me was 11 stone and i weigh 10.5 so 1/2 stone under.

I have had a very lucky experience in terms of, loosing weight, i lost descent amounts each week, i never had a gain and i never experienced a stall, only now is my weight stabilising and I'm playing around between10 stone 7 and 10 stone 11 for a few weeks now.. (Thank god) really don't want to loose any more!!

Ive attached a before and now pic for you to see, but as people say everyone is so different, my pouch is really quite tight and my portion sizes have and still are very small.

Good luck with your journey and don't stress, providing you follow your providers rules you will be well on your way to your new you!!

Xxx

image-4104423440.jpg

image-1051684953.jpg

Im am at goal and have been for the last 5 months and im 26 months post op (in fact I've lost slightly too much as i was told at the hospital in Wed) The goal for me was 11 stone and i weigh 10.5 so 1/2 stone under. I have had a very lucky experience in terms of, loosing weight, i lost descent amounts each week, i never had a gain and i never experienced a stall, only now is my weight stabilising and I'm playing around between10 stone 7 and 10 stone 11 for a few weeks now.. (Thank god) really don't want to loose any more!! Ive attached a before and now pic for you to see, but as people say everyone is so different, my pouch is really quite tight and my portion sizes have and still are very small. Good luck with your journey and don't stress, providing you follow your providers rules you will be well on your way to your new you!! Xxx Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery
Are u really the same person?!?!?!?
I have a large pouch n rarely feel full. Just have to be strictish on what I eat

Yes that is me!! Haha Everyone says the same thing, people don't recognise me anymore. Its only when i look at pics i think Damn i really have changed. My whole facial structure has changed.

I don't have any major loose skin at all, ive been very lucky.
X

Yes that is me!! Haha Everyone says the same thing, people don't recognise me anymore. Its only when i look at pics i think Damn i really have changed. My whole facial structure has changed. I don't have any major loose skin at all, ive been very lucky. X Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery
Wow wow n Wowsers xxxx

Italian Rose, You are doing amazing. You look like a different person. I think i will have a bit of loose skin, i had three children in less than a year, they are my battle scars lol. I dont mind ........

Yve, you are truly an inspiration, I have read your threads from the start, amazing journey. I was 17st 11 at my heaviest in october 13 got down to 16 9 at start of pre op, then 16st 2 on day of op 31.03.13. I should finally be in the 13's this week (weigh on a sunday)

I am a slow looser but it is coming off steadily, i have stalled too but have not done anything different. I do follow the rules, eat slow, drink plenty, exercise etc. I have done everything by the book with regards to alcohol, removal of the stockings etc. I have been given this chance and am not gonna blow it by doing anything silly, i have been extemely lucky I have had no problems apart from a reaction to the gall stone tablets.

I know this is not the right thread for photos but its the way the convo has gone. I am 11 weeks to so in celebration I am doin the before and after photos ;-) x

35202-albums2681-pic

Sorry didnt upload grrrr lol x

October 13 - look huge compared to hubby!!
35202-albums2681-picture16733.jpg

June 7th - girls weekend away feeling fab! x
35202-albums2681-picture16734.jpg

Wot the....... sorry about size of pics, make me look bigger!! still getting the hang of site oops x

Sorry didnt upload grrrr lol x October 13 - look huge compared to hubby!! June 7th - girls weekend away feeling fab! x Wot the....... sorry about size of pics, make me look bigger!! still getting the hang of site oops x
oh wow! What a lovely difference! You look beautiful.

Awww thanks Yve, wot a differnce 50lb makes....... more in confidence than anything else. Dont hide away anymore or avoid the camera, still got a little way to go but getting there xx

Back