• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass daily menu -

Good morning everyone.
Was working yesterday, so didnt get a chance to post my menu, but just catching up now... Chrisa, I bet that crunchie was absolute heaven!!! I still have a serious yen for chocolate, it hasn't disappeared with the bypass unfortunately...

Yesterdays menu:

B 100mls skim milk 20gms ham
L gammon steak in parsley sauce
D slice of small hovis loaf well toasted & L/philly
S Satsuma
S Penguin bar

Protein 66gms - Calories 575 - Carbs 41 - Fat 15gms
Drinks - 25gm protein shot - litre NAS - litre water - cup black coffee - cup tea

Hi all. Hope you are having a lovely weekend. Weather is nice isn't it? :/ lol. Well weighed myself and although I suspected the worse, seeing it in black and weight wasn't much fun. I put on 4! Very disappointed in myself. Obviously I know exactly why - too much wine, slightly bigger portions, too many carbs and everything cooked in oil. I shall definitely go self catering on my next holiday as it is far too easy (well it was for me, some people might have more will power) to try a little of this and that with the buffet. I did use myfitnesspal whilst out there and recorded everything and stayed on or under the calorie goal (I made sure I over estimated calories) to maintain plus I exercised for at least 40 mins a day so they predicted a loss or maintaining. It goes to show that a little of the wrongs things go a long way when it's all so close together.

Anyway on a more positive note. I openly admit to putting on over half a stone on most holidays at the very least, more so if it was more than a week, so at least It wasn't as bad as it has been, I'm due on today so hoping at least a pound is water weight (might be wishful thinking), this is the first time I've gained or stayed the same since the surgery but I don't feel like it's the end of the world. That's the biggy because before I would have been in such a state with gain that It would send me into a spiral of depression, binge eating and just giving up. Instead I feel positive and excited about being healthy and clean living again. I'm doing the 5 day pouch test starting from today. I know you aren't meant to do it from before 6 months but I'm just a couple of weeks away from 6 months and I need the boost to get me back on track, especially portion wise. I feel I'm being proactive.

So today menu plan is -
Breakfast - half a diet protein shake.
Lunch - High protein home made chicken and veg soup.
Dinner - Same as lunch.
Snacks - half a diet protein shake (I shall get back on the fruit as soon as this bit is over. Taking extra vitamins, within RDA, to make up for it).
Drinks - Milk, tea and tons of water!

Wish me luck, hopefully I shall get a nice restriction feeling back, feel renewed and focused :) x

good luck!

Good luck shelleymarie... I am sure the few pounds you have gained on holiday are just a blip and will disappear quickly enough now that you are home again and back into your normal routine.. But don't think it can hurt to do the 5 day pouch test if it helps you get focused again.. I have thought about doing it and I am only just over 3 months out.. Every time I make a bad food choice like yesterdays penguin chocolate bar, I think maybe a few days on fluids again wouldnt be a bad thing...
Will watch with interest to see how you get on with it. xx

Thanks Yve and Amanda. Well I always said to myself that I would do it every 6 months if necessary. I feel I could easily just go back to healthy eating without it, so that is good but feel that this boost will send me soaring on the road to success again, rather than just slipping back on it and after what happened before my holiday I think I could do with a pick me up. I wouldn't worry too much about needing to do it now though Amanda, wait to around 6 months if you can as I think it's something to do with getting enough nutrients as to why we aren't meant to do it before 6 months. I think the occasionally treat is healthy, it's when you are having a little something most days like I did on holiday, no matter if they are within the calorie limit, it is obviously when you have to be concerned and make sure you do something to sort it. As I am evidence. You aren't there but I will definitely let you know how I get on. Feeling very positive so hopefully all on wards and downwards from here on out :) xx

Hi Shelley pleased u ad gud time u right not to get hung up on the weight gain n bein due on, bak on trak now probably drop 5 next weigh in, just take it easy xx

hi shelleymarie. I'm pleased you had a great holiday. could you tell me what the 5 day pouch test is - i've never heard of it before. i'm only 3 months out so wont be doing it but am intrigued by what it is.

thank you

Thanks Di. The 5 day pouch test is clean restricted meal plan designed to give yourself a bit of a refresher, get back your restriction (I've not lost mine I'd just like to tone it up a bit) and make sure your pouch is working. If you google 5 day pouch test and it will bring up a site with the plan and all the info but basically it just takes you back to the beginning and help you try to drop some bad habits if you started to pick them up, if you work with it. The first 2 days are high protein fluids, the 3rd day soft protein like cottage cheese, eggs and tuna, the 4th day firm protein like mince and seafood. The 5th day solid protein like turkey, chicken and lean beef. You can have vegetables blended in soups and from day 3 with your protein but I'm going to choose to have low carb ones until after day five. Day five is how you are meant to continue eating permently from then on. You can choose to add some carbs, especially fruit after day five too if you wish to help with nutrients but it meant to help get you out of a carb cycle if you been having too many so you can choose to only add healthier type of carbs. The few soft days should help reduce the pouch size from temporary stretching and help you feel your restriction, especially if you follow the portion sizes and times for eating. I've heard good things about it so hopefully it will just give me nice boost post holiday and I can tidy up my diet plan :) x

Welcome home Shelley, pleased u had a good holiday. I bet that 4lbs comes off straight away. I wouldn't beat ur self up about it! Have a good sat evening everyone xxx

Good evening everyone..

Todays menu

B 100mls skim milk - 2 crackerbreads & 20gm L/F philly
L 150gms Rare Rump Steak & 100gms Cauliflower
D Slice Beef, Slice Chicken, hard boiled egg & Salad
S 80gms Strawberries
S Satsuma

Protein 77gms - Calories 600 - Carbs 22gms - Fat 16.5gms
Drinks 1.5 litres NAS - 50ml Prune juice - cup black coffee - cup of green tea - 500ml water

Pleased with my protein today, as I didnt need a protein shot. Trying to use them less and less and get my protein from my diet rather now.... But they are so handy for when it's a busy day or not possible to eat as well as I would like...

hi

thanks so much for that info shelleymarie, i'll remember it for a few months down the line. like you i think i'll try it every 6 months or so to get out of any bad habits or just reset my diet. i'm pleased i know about that now - very useful :D

i keep wanting to put my daily menu on here but feel i'll be bearing soul if that makes sense. i've always been sooooo secretive about what i eat so to post it on here is a tough challenge.

we are all struggling here just the same so post away Dinnoo, good n bad menus, this is for life we are guna fall from time to time none of us are perfect and we all need a little bit of what we fancy just to keep us going. xx Keppplodding onwards we are with you, just check out our menus from day to day week to week, sometimes menu is perfect sometimes not xx

Don't sweat the small stuff Shelley I know on a hol before I would have heaped a stone or so on lol it will come off, just eat clean now u r back xx

2.5 lb loss to report this week :) bought an awesome awrsome dress for the work Xmas party can't wait :) xx

Wow May are almost at goal? You pull such big numbers every week, i know you work really hard at it your menus are fab and very low in carbs sometimes non existent wish I could do that all the time, i find that the hardest some days. How much more do you have to loose and do you think you will be able to start maintaining soon? xx YOu ARE A SUPER ROLE MODEL WITH MENU'S keep it up xx

Thanks Di, I was the same, wouldn't talk about food to anyone, I would never lie and say I only ate salads but If I was going to eat a lot no one would know about it and it wouldn't be infront of anyone. Now I've found that feeling changing, eating in front of people can still be tough but talking about it, especially with people who understand like they do on here is so much easier and very helpful. Unless anyone says my diet is perfect but then says they eat chocolate and cheese burgers everyday, everyone understands that no one can be perfect all the time and neither should they try to be - being perfect is too hard and it's why people fail. So we just give tips when we are asked for them, all helping eash other along as we go. When you feel up to it, you might find it really helpful or helpful to others :) x

Blimey Maya! you are doing amazing at the moment. Nothing stopping you! Thanks for the encouragement :D x

Day 2 of pouch test going great. Bit light headed from sudden drop in calories and carbs but I'm taking it easy and staying hydrated. Menu today is the same as yesterday :)

Awww thanks, I have hospital first week in Jan for year check up and I want to be at goal for then :) that way I can ask them more about how to maintain :) can't remember if I mentioned it already but ive stepped up the weight training to get good definition and tone. Elijah is a body builder so he has done me a plan (i officially hate squats - squats with a 25kilo weight on my shoulders!!!) I don't want bulk just nice feminine supertoned curves lol bring it on (bikini in four months time)

No never liked squats either it my knees well one knee its an old wound inside vwith some damaged nerve endings after a nast fall i had few years back. pleased you got pro's looking after you, have recently met up with a lovely young lady in early 20's she had a sleeve and like you has lost fair amount of weight the hospital are trying to get her maintaining but she is finding it hard they not too happy she is still losing, don't want to see you in same boat as that, she is reall struggling not to lose weight how ironic is that, enjoy the training it obviously suits ya n a bikini wow go for it girl xx do you have slim legs n no flabby bits on them, mine have little loose skin round the tops just keep on toning as much as poss xx

I'm surprised (but grateful) my losses are still high - how much I lose really depends in how much I get into the strength training....

You are very focussed wish more of us had that quality, we have it at times but then it leaves us and we weaken again. You know I went out for amela lastnight and some frieds who I ve not seen since 2 months post op said last night the usual bet you fel loads better n be doing allsorts of things, this really bugs me because even though I was a size 32 and nearly 25 stone I still went out dancing and exercising, zumba and pilares and whatever else we wanted to do, why is it that people always think cos your fat thta you are lazy bugs the life outta me. I told him that I had always been active and do exactly now what I used to do then just with bit more ease, he didn't recognise me of course, told him the only real difference part from the weight is my bad heels that used to give me hell. He just looked at me and said how good I looked, why do people do that? I said I always looked this good just in a bigger size that shut him up, cheeky git. xx

Hiya everyone, hope you all had a lovely weekend. Here's my menu for today.

B - 2 x wholewheat Melba toast with 15g of l/f peanut butter and 15g of St Dalfourt nas jam.

L - Haddock fillet with lemon and chive sauce.
T - WW bacon medallion & free range poached egg.
S - 4 x chicken fridge raiders.

Tea x2, coffee x1, 500ml of nas squash, 250mls water. 45min walk.

Back