• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass daily menu -

I hate squats too! My poor knees feel very arthritic and I can't manage them yet despite encouragement from the guy who works at the gym but I'm hoping the more weight I lose the more I can do as I've still got a fair old lot of weight on my tiny frame. That's the problem with me, as my surgeon discovered when he was doing the surgery, I'm so tiny under all this weight it's surprising that I didn't snap in half but it definitely gets better each week. I'm hoping to up the weight/strength training for toning and building the muscle to support my frame over the next couple of months and hopefully have a better shape as more weight comes off. Don't think I'll ever be in a bikini unless someone pays for a lot of surgery for me but think I'll get to a stage where I can were a little black dress and no one know I use to be huge. Well I hope so anyway :D Keep focused may, like i know you will and I've no doubt you will be at goal by a year and wearing that bikini before you know it :) x

Chrisa it's fab that you said that, I wasn't lazy either, I just physically couldn't do anything but I wanted too and that is the difference isn't it? I think that is shown by how much we all do now we can and it's great that you were still able to be active. The only difference must be a bit easier without the weight :) x

The weird thing was i was never inactive at all I have always had a job on my feet, so have never had time to sit down always been on the go always able to dance all night, nearly didnt get the baloon ride I wanted for my 40th birthday becasue the woman couldnt believe how heavy I was and doubted I would be able to climb in the baloon, proved them all wrong I was first in and first out, I have never been a couch potato hence the heelp spurs and the fascitis. That is why I am doubtful my body will go down much further, the exercise and the healthy eating was in place mainly down to portion size for me, thats why I had to get help because I didnt know what else I could possibly do. Alcohol put a lot of my weight on used to love a drink have very little now. xx

Onwards n downwards hey ladies x

Breakfast - zero fat yoghurt sprinkle start right
Lunch - small baby beet, one baby gherkin, lf Philly, three bites chicken, three melba toast, spoon red cabbage
Dinner - slow cooked lamb, carrot, piece cauliflower, two small roast potatoes

Snack - two mini meringues, ten grapes

Tea

Forgot bout my menu

B 1 small pancake with apples n raisins n strawberries drizzle of syrup and creme fresh
L 1 PUD carrots, cabbage, turnip, roat beef, gravy n mint sauce.
D Braised steak from last nights meal, 1 pudding

S small bit of granola

tea, water
There now its all done see you all tomorrow xx

hi

thank you for your kind words of support & encouragment - it is much appreciated. so here goes for todays menu

B - 1/2 slimfast, 20g blueberries
L - 70g lighter choice cottage cheese, 40g pulled ham
D - 90g chicken, salad (lamds lettuce, blueberries, 2 baby plum toms & lighter choice dressing)

S - 1 ryvita thin, 1 cheese single slice, cuppa coffee

well it wasn't that bad putting my food down here. i'm a lot prouder of what i eat now than what i ate pre op!!!!!

Fantastic Di, great menu and so glad you decided to share. I'm sure you will inspire others to do the same and give members great ideas from your menus :) xx

Last edited:
I'm amazed Dinnoo, your menu looks brill, well done you, sometimes its good to see it in black n white, its another milestone you have achieved. Welldone you!!!!

Hey everyone. Day 3 of the pouch test and things still going well. No hunger at all which shows me any I had on holiday was just because it was there and in my head. Two liquid days haven't been hard at all so that's such a difference from the last liquid diet I did. All this proving to me my pouch is working fine. I did the cottage cheese test this morning too (eat as much cottage cheese fast until you feel full and work out how much you've had from the container). The optimum size for a mature pouch is about 5.6 ounces. Mine is roughly - hard to work out exactly - 7.3 ounces. So slightly above what is optimum but the research says that anything up to 9 ounces is normal and won't be detrimental to weight loss in any way. So although I wish it was the ultimate size knowing that it won't make any difference anyway is good to know but too be honest I'm sure anything smaller than someone without surgery has got to be good. Might do the test again at a later date to see if any changes.

Today is now soft protein. Menu -
Breakfast - lf cottage cheese
Lunch - tuna, grated half fat cheese and finely chopped salad.
Dinner - medium boiled egg, salad, 2 teaspoons of extra light mayo.
Snack - couple of spoonfuls of crab meat.

Feeling full today and flavours are strong again. Nice to chew a bit too. Hope everyone has a good day :)

Last edited:
Good for you Shelley xx
Todays food
B 1 cinamon porridge sachet
S grapes
LCucumber with pate on 1 pear
D carrots, cabbage, turnip stewed steak in gravy, 1 pud

going to someones house thye having chinese might get myself one and bring home for tomorrow for me n daughter tonshare xx chicken n veg maybe x

Breakfast - shape yoghurt sprinkle cereal
Lunch - leftover lamb, carrot 1.5 roast potatoes
Dinner - Asda cabbage with cheese sauce n bacon (half the tub)

Only about 400kcals today so might have a breadless sandwich later n lots of tea :)

Sounds like the pouch test is going well shelleymarie... I would dearly love to try that cottage cheese test, just to see exactly how much I can eat! Would it hurt to do just that part so early on do you think, and what type of cottage cheese do you use? Smooth or chunky ??

Todays menu

B 100mls skim milk & 80gm strawberries
L 100gms ham, hard boiled egg, salad
D 100gms rump steak, 50gms gammon & mushrooms
S 1 x L/F mousse
S Satsuma

Protein 85gms - Calories 695 - Carbs 26gms - Fat 22.5
Drinks - 1.5 litres NAS - cup black coffee - cup green tea - cup red bush tea - 50ml prune juice

Breakfast - shape yoghurt sprinkle cereal
Lunch - leftover lamb, carrot 1.5 roast potatoes
Dinner - Asda cabbage with cheese sauce n bacon (half the tub)

Only about 400kcals today so might have a breadless sandwich later n lots of tea :)

only 400 calories!! thats amazing maya!!

Sounds like the pouch test is going well shelleymarie... I would dearly love to try that cottage cheese test, just to see exactly how much I can eat! Would it hurt to do just that part so early on do you think, and what type of cottage cheese do you use? Smooth or chunky ??

Todays menu

B 100mls skim milk & 80gm strawberries
L 100gms ham, hard boiled egg, salad
D 100gms rump steak, 50gms gammon & mushrooms
S 1 x L/F mousse
S Satsuma

Protein 85gms - Calories 695 - Carbs 26gms - Fat 22.5
Drinks - 1.5 litres NAS - cup black coffee - cup green tea - cup red bush tea - 50ml prune juice

It wouldn't hurt but I'm not sure it would be very accurate. I think it's only meant to be from 6 month on wards as that is when the pouch should have settled by so I'm a couple of weeks early myself. Also you are meant to pour water into the pot after you've finished and measure how much you've used rather than just weigh what you have left and I didn't so not sure if mine is right at all but got the general idea. It has left me feeling a little anxious it's not smaller even though it's within the normal range (I tend to be a bit obsessive when things aren't "perfect", Stupid I know) so not sure if it was a good idea. I also have a feeling that people might get different results different days some days you feel more restriction that others don't you? so it's hard to tell if it was a waste of time xx

If its making you anxious its a bad thing. We've all done a zillion diets, we know our cals and nutrition and could write books. Its the head game we mess up. This is why I chose not to do the 5 day pouch test as actually for me, it didn't affect the games my head plays on me. Only thing that will do that is a different outlook and a change in habits.

Amanda I wouldn't do anything so early on to test your new stomachs capacity.....just concentrate on the rules if twenty and you will be fine xx

think you are both right maya and shelleymarie, its too early for me to be doing that yet... But it sounds like you are on track shelleymarie.... If you are a little anxious you could always phone your dietician and see what she thinks... But as you say, you could do the same test tomorrow with a totally different result... The plain fact is that whatever you are doing, you are doing right as you are losing weight consistently xxx

Back