• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass daily menu -

Just to clarify the 5 day pouch test hasn't made me feel anxious in the slightest. Quite the opposite. It literally has just helped me drop the extra carbs that have crept in over the last few weeks, for the last few days. Hopefully I will continue to do that and continue to feel positive about it all. I was talking about the cottage cheese test and only mentioned that as it might be of interest to other people who tend to over think things like me that it could make you feel anxious. You live and learn, one is helpful to me, the other wasn't helpful to me :)

No need to talk to dietician I don't think, definitely feel back on track, thanks Amanda :) xx

Last edited:
Oh THATS good Shelley, i know when I was at the hospital when I was 9months post they didn't recommend i try it, dietician said there was no proven evidence really that it did anything and that it was an american thing, that some become hung up on, I never tried it. But speak as you find and if it works for you well then thats great. xx Am sure you will have l;ost the holiday eight this week xx look forward to your weigh in xx

Thanks Chrisa, I don't think it "does" anything either, I don't see it a magic thing that suddenly resets the pouch or anything, I hope that hasn't be misunderstood whilst I've been talking about this, I've just been chatting about it, as you do what you are up too with friends, not advocating or anything like that, just personal experience. I found 2 days liquid good to not have to think about food for a rest and the then the rest is pretty much the same as normal post op diet, but reading it was a refresher of it all really. Apart from a few too many treats on holiday my diet has always been pretty good anyway but I just felt like reigning it in again for a bit for a boost, especially with Christmas coming up I want to try and look nice for my works Christmas do :) I've lost my gain, so hopefully another 1lb by Thursday would be good but if not I'm happy with that :) x

Menu plans for today -
Breakfast - Hard boild medium egg and mini babybel light.
Lunch - Grilled Mini burger - molded out of extra lean mince and herbs, nothing else, topped with spinach and fat free yoghurt.
Dinner - fresh scallops and vegetables.

The funeral is today for my friend. I decided I couldn't face another young persons funeral so will go to the crash site instead and lay some flowers as I've not been yet. I know she will get an amazing send off though, 100's are attending. Just wanted to thank you guys for listening, not just to menu and food talk but just everyone also being supportive in general, which Is why I love this thread x

Last edited:
So pleased you have lost the excess holiday weight already, once you get back on track it usually goes. Pleased the pouch test give you a head start back on the road to wls. Brilliant job Shelley xx I t is awful losing people so young. xx

I think going to the crash site and laying some flowers is a lovely thing to do shelleymarie, and just as meaningful as going to the actual funeral. You will be saying goodbye to her there instead... Not going to offer words of comfort, as believe me I know there aren't any words that can give you that..... xx

Todays menu
B MSBB with spread
raisins with creme fresh
L cucumber with pate on
D RICE with veg n beef n chicken, took some digesting had to put other half in bin too much.
tea, tea n more tea, got out of the habit of drinking water other than with my tablets naughty I know just hope it doesnt hit me on the scales. x

Hi all, hope your all having a lovely evening. I had my 6 week check up yesterday at the hospital. They were very pleased. I've lost 49lb and 25.8% of my excess body weight, since starting my pre op diet. Here is my menu for today.

B - 1/2 toasted multi grain bagel, with lf peanut butter and st dalfour raspberry jam. Sml slice of water melon.

L - 100g of fillet steak, green salad with cucumber, onion and red pepper

T - 2x petit filous, 2 x Melba toast with lf Philly and pastrami.

Tea, coffee, NAS squash, water. 30 mins walking.

Sorry to hear about your friend Shelleymarie.

Thank you everyone.

Well done Paula that's fantastic news. A really great loss, you must be very happy :) x

I'm doing ok thanks. It's nice now I've started on normal food. Was really worried about meat as lots of people have said they can't tolerate it and I really love meat! Had fillet steak yesterday and it went down a treat, and slow cooked beef today no problems. When are you back at work?

Yes very true! Think I was so worried because I really enjoy meat, I can live without the ice cream, crisps, cakes and pop but the thought of a meatless diet is terrible lol! My sick note runs out on the 10th dec too but I'll see how I go as I won't get any medals for going back too soon!

I'm going back on non clinical duties for a month. I'm a bit scared of handling patients and hurting myself, then in turn knocking their confidence. I'll be ready to go back by then I'm going mad at home. I'm not used to sitting around doing very little :)

That's good to ease you back in gently! Before I went off sick I did most of my shifts as the only trained nurse on duty due to staffing issues and annual leave. New staff have been taken on now so I'm not going to rush back before I'm ready. I'm getting tired after standing a couple of hours let alone 12.5 hours! I'm getting a bit bored at home too. I've read loads of books the last couple of weeks!

I go out for a good walk when I'm bored. How much weight have you lost? Take your time and go back when your ready. I only do 8 hour shifts. I think I'd find it really hard to do 12.5 hours !

Breakfast - shape zero fat yoghurt and sprinkle start right
Lunch - baby beetroot, cuecumber, lf Philly, slice n half corned beef two melba toast
Dinner - quarter of a piece of poached salmon, half a small sweet potato, steamed spinach, dollop fage with grated garlic

Paula Lewis said:
I go out for a good walk when I'm bored. How much weight have you lost? Take your time and go back when your ready. I only do 8 hour shifts. I think I'd find it really hard to do 12.5 hours !

22 pounds pre op diet and 23 pounds post op :)

Hi guys hope you are well. Shelley sorry to hear about you're friend. Hope ur ok x
Lost 2lbs this week hooray!!!
Went shopping at tesco yesterday and was totally excited because I found LF caramelised onion homous !
Had it for lunch today with 2x cracker bread and I felt terrible ( mild dumping) threw up a little in toilet and felt like crap for about an hour. Couldn't bloody believe it!!!!
First time dumped at work,, pleased I didn't have a clinic and was just in the office.
Worked out my calories the other ya and I'm only having around 400-500 per day. I really do need to eat more. Do I try and eat more?, protein?, carbs? Or do I try and have full fat stuff? Never thought I would ever be having this issue! Great menues everyone, have a good evening xxx

Back