• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass daily menu -

Thanks Dimond. Yeah that is a little low calorie wise, not sure what you are having protein and carb wise but you can't go wrong adding more protein but you can more carbs in the form of more fruit, if you tolerate it well, and maybe some wholegrain crackers. Healthy fats are good too, peanut butter (still check the fat values/sugar on some brands of that, think they recommend the smooth version), avocado and oily fish which are all usually high in healthy fat and calories, all very good food you. Hope that helps :) xx

Thanks Shelley, yes that does help. How many calories should we be having? X

To be honest I'm not sure, a lot of providers say different things and some say not to count at all, which is fine but obviously you need to make sure you are having enough to get enough nutrition. I aim for around 800 a day as a guide but I don't always make that and I don't worry if don't quite or if I go over it by a bit. Think it has to be something you are comfortable with and can manage :) x

Good evening everyone! Glad to hear your 6 week check went well Paula, and you must be really pleased with your weight loss, you have done really well.....

Todays menu

B 100ml skim milk & 80gm Strawberries
L 100gms sliced chicken & salad
D 100gms mash & 2 slices Roast beef
S L/F Mousse
S 2 crackerbreads & L/F philly

Protein 75gms - Calories 600 - Carbs 38gms - Fat 14gms
Drinks - 1 litre NAS - Litre Water - 50ml orange juice - cup black coffee - 2 cups green tea

Well done Dimond on your wls, sos bout the dumping not nice. Sometimes things just don't go down well not always rhyme or reason to it. xx

Hi all, hope you are having a good day.

Today's menu -
Breakfast - Slice of ham and mini babybel light.
Lunch - Small Pork Medallion grilled and served with a sauce of a teaspoon of Malaysian curry paste and fat free Greek yoghurt, plus onions and mushrooms.
Dinner - Tuna steak grilled, with stir fried chopped green beans, mushrooms, onions, baby corn and bean sprouts and a little tesco teriyaki sauce (low sugar/cal).

Water, tea and milk.

Have a nice night everyone :)

Hi all feeling more like my self but still little stressed bit more to sort out. Still been up at 3am, just need to sort it now xx

Have been naught at times this week had the odd biscuit and have had 2 today hoping I have stayed the same, busy day and little time to fit eatn and drinkn in at all.

B 1wholemeal wrap with hard boiled egg in
L 10 MINS cucumber n patte
D beef stew and small dumpling

2 peanut cookies

4 teas, water with tablets

Not a good day with food n drink, weigh day tomorrow, my own fault if the weight has gone on x

Hi everyone.. Hope you have all had a better day than I've had.... Shelleymarie, could you tell me how you cook your mushrooms and onions that you had with your pork medallion.. ie: Fry, bake etc..
Well I am now on 2 different kinds of laxatives magnesium hydroxide and lactulose, and also glycerine suppositories and drinking prune/orange juice daily, and still terrible constipation. I managed to go today but really painful, and then when I ate my lunch it was agonising, horrible stomach pain that actually was so bad it made me vomit. Really thought I had damaged my stomach with all the straining, the pain was so intense and prolonged I was on the verge of phoning an ambulance, but it eventually did die off but stilll feel very tender inside..even hurts if I drink anything once it hits my intestines..... I am definitely not eating anything else today to give my insides a chance to settle down I think.. I'm at my wits end though over the constipation.. Nothing seems to make it any better at all.. It is getting to the point when I am actually scared to go to the loo as it is so painful...

Todays menu...

B 100mls skim milk & 1 crackerbread & 10gms L/F philly
L 100gm turkey, slice beef & 100gms Cauliflower
S 80gms Strawberries

Protein 40gms - Calories 305 - Carbs 20gms - Fat 6gms
Drinks - Litre Nas - 500ml water - 50ml prune juice - cup black coffee - 2 cups green

So sorry to hear that Amanda I have been like that since the op has been little easier at times but more on the bad side than easier. It is a terrible feeling even more so as it feels bruised inside, thats how I felt the other week when I had thta bad episode if pain, i think the worst bit is moving between the upper and lower bowel, the only thing that really helped me was prune juice. xx

Breakfast - shape n sprinkle start right
Lunch - small piece salmon, melba toast, lf Philly one slice corned beef
Dinner - mixed fish kebab, half small sweet potato, spinach, fage

Two mini meringues

Oh sorry to hear how rubbish you been feeling Amanda. I hope things improve. I've been lucky in that department that it's not been too bad but isn't coffee a natural laxative? maybe another cup could help on top of everything else. I know we aren't meant to have much caffeine but I don't think it will be too bad to up it a little just whilst you are suffering like this, if things don't ease up definitely give your GP another call to see if they can suggest anything else and keep drinking lots of water and maybe have a bit more fruit than usual when you feel up to eating. The only other suggestions are benefibre which I use daily and dulcoease - so that when you can go, it is easier. Hope something helps soon and Hope you feel better x

Amanda, i know exactly how you feel and what you're going through. i drink lactulose daily but i also have activia fig yoghurts and put extra figs or blueberries in, it tastes delicious and i find it helps me go. the pain isn't as bad & i'm not up 3 or 4 times a night trying to shift what needs shifting. i know its extra calories but its worth it.

todays menu:

B - 1/2 slimfast
L - 2 turkey rashers, 90g baked beans
D - 2 97% meat chipolata, 90g swede, gravy
activia fig yoghurt with 40g blueberries

cuppa coffee, water

Oh I forgot to say Amanda, I tend to stir fry with 1 cal olive oil spray for mushrooms and onions. I cover the pan so they soften :) x

Thanks for the advice guys... I have tried almost every laxative under the sun and the 2 I have now were at the recommendation of the dietician, but no go... What you said chrisa about feeling bruised is exactly right!!! thats how i feel now since the cramps have stopped... Don't know how you put up with that all the time.. Just once scared the heck out of me.. Think because I havent had any problems since the bypass I have got complacent about how major this surgery really is, and just how delicate my insides are...

Aww Amanda that sounds awful, hope you can get it sorted soon. I have no problem in that department, guess I'm just lucky. I would go back to GP if it doesn't get better soon. Have a good evening everyone xxx

Well all ahve stayed the same today I am happy with thta do not want to be putting on weight, have to knuckle back down again and step away from the sweet stuff. Have agood day.

One positive side Amanda is that the tum does get better, the bad part is thta it happens to me quite a lot. xx

Good news for staying the same when you were worried about a gain Chrisa, heres hoping you get a loss next week.

My weigh in day too and I lost 6lb, 4 as you know were a gain, so glad to be rid of them and very happy with 2 more, those ones that mean the most as definitely onwards and downwards from now on. Hope you have a nice day everyone :) xx

Fantastic Shelley - great news, well done.

Amanda, i hope you're feeling a little better, have you managed to go at all? as well as severe constipation, i had a blockage in my lower intestine which caused excrutiating pain as you described. i was told to drink loads and then some more and then to go back onto a liquid/soft diet again for 4 or 5 days to let the bruising settle. it certainly helped me, maybe it would be worth giving it a go. i hope you're doing ok

oh wow shelley fantastic loss, well done. Di i hope you get it sorted soon and feel better x

Welldone Shelley, told ya would come off with bit more besides, brill xx

Amanda I have had a not so nice episode at work today, woke today feeling like had somethign stuck right where the pouch is, had cuppa then before went to work had slice of my msbb toasted, cuppa at work, banana at break, making pizza lesson 3 with kids had a tiny piece of veg pizza, crippled with pain as it cam to luch time, got 2 bit sof cucumber n cottage cheeses down pains really bad and very low moving from bowel to bowel. Off to toilet, felt bit better stood up went back to me lunch started gain really gripping pains was bent double, back to toilet went gain, ate nothing else was exhausted we only have half an hour, next lesson different class pizza making, just got down had to come back pain horendous gain, went again, felt much better immediately. went back to lesson n had no pain since, don't know what caused it, oh took my buscopan bfore the last visit to loo as tabs were left in othe classroom, Ok now had wrap for tea n bag of pom bears, nothing heavy, had a bowl of stew waiting but didnt want ot eat incase was some of that that was stuck from lastnights tea. We will never know.
Thats todays menu xx

Amanda hope you feling bit betta xx

Back