• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass doesnt work for everyone

are you terribly unhappy Tray?

no im not unhappy, as i have lost some weight, and my health has improved, i guess im more disappointed that the weight didnt come of quicker, and i wish i had of lost a few more stone, but maybe in time the other few stones will come off, i can but wish ..lol

no im not unhappy, as i have lost some weight, and my health has improved, i guess im more disappointed that the weight didnt come of quicker, and i wish i had of lost a few more stone, but maybe in time the other few stones will come off, i can but wish ..lol
well im so glad you're not unhappy :) my funding was refused today, and after reading your post im wondering wether to just forget it. This roller coaster is just so depressing :( do I just get off? oh i dont know xxx

Sorry to hear that your post, Its not an easy option, I've had few bad days with mine, but would not change a thing, lost 5 stone since october, would never of been able to do this on SW... Hope you get to where you want x

Hello Tray sorry to hear you have had such a hard time. I am not a bypasser ( am a bander) but I have heard of ppl that have trouble eating protein and other foods, I just wondered if its a restriction problem and need a stretch??? Has this been investigated at all hun??? Wishing u all the best xx

Hello tray,

It's very refreshing to hear somebody being honest about gastric bypass operation.
Im 14/15 months post op,I remember when you had the operation.
It can be so frustrating when your a slower loser to others on here.
As it's not all rosy at times...it's hard work!
As I'm starting to be aware of it now,the weightloss is very slow now,and I still get days where I'm having to reach for my anti-sickness tablets.
Saying that my good days outweigh the icky days...and bring able to play with my children makes it all worth while.
I really really hope you can sort things out,I mean that x
Take care x

Well done for your open ness & honesty I hope you can find a new path to a happier slimmer you.
I have been lucky I have had no complications & not really bad side effects & have lost a steady 1-2lbs a week since my surgery the odd blip of a 1lb or 2 rise when the bowels haven't co-operated or I've not eaten properly.
However I don't say it's easy as its not the old demons are there waiting for the guard to drop & take full advantage of those lapses. I have to fight them & still need to find things to do to occupy myself at those times rather than the old comfort eating even if I can manage only a fraction of the amount. I have had plenty of stressers to push me towards those old habits over recent months & my own pit of woe to wallow in with that naughty food habit. I need to keep back on the exercises as well so I do as well as I can while I can.
I can only wish you well hope you get your focus & inspiration back as well as find bypass friendly foods you can enjoy along with some good support. Until then I wish you well with slimming world & your fight for a slimmer you.

thank you all for your comments, it has been a roller coaster for me,
ok, now would i have the op again,
YES, why even after all i have been through, you may well ask, well ok i might of only lost 3 st since the op and over 2 stone pre op, but to he honest, if i hadnt of had this op, i more than likely would of been a hell of a lot bigger than i was before the journey, i might not of even been here, but i am here, and ok im not where i want to be YET, but i do hope in time i do get some more weight of,

i have a goal now, my daughter is getting married next year, and i want to make her proud to tell people im her mum, where as before i would of hated it,
a lot of my problems have also been due to losing my job, and having some real family problems, so yes i have let myself slide, but upwards and onwards from now on,
i start work next week, and my medication for my depression, is being sorted, so hopefuly the new me will be stronger, not only for myself but for all that love me, again i truly want to thank this site, for over the past couple of years, for the kind words and support, but like i have said before, i just wish i had of been more open minded, and educated, in how this can go wrong, and not work as well as we would all like it to xxxxx

thank you all for your comments, it has been a roller coaster for me,
ok, now would i have the op again,
YES, why even after all i have been through, you may well ask, well ok i might of only lost 3 st since the op and over 2 stone pre op, but to he honest, if i hadnt of had this op, i more than likely would of been a hell of a lot bigger than i was before the journey, i might not of even been here, but i am here, and ok im not where i want to be YET, but i do hope in time i do get some more weight of,

i have a goal now, my daughter is getting married next year, and i want to make her proud to tell people im her mum, where as before i would of hated it,
a lot of my problems have also been due to losing my job, and having some real family problems, so yes i have let myself slide, but upwards and onwards from now on,
i start work next week, and my medication for my depression, is being sorted, so hopefuly the new me will be stronger, not only for myself but for all that love me, again i truly want to thank this site, for over the past couple of years, for the kind words and support, but like i have said before, i just wish i had of been more open minded, and educated, in how this can go wrong, and not work as well as we would all like it to xxxxx
i wish you all the luck in the world tray xxx

Good luck tray xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Your post hasn't surprised me Tray from our brief chats on fb. I will say our heads tell us we can't eat food, i know mine does, but if we overrule it sometimes we can get away with it.

I've lost six stone (or just under with my recent 8lb gain) and i know the only person to blame for me not losing anymore is me. It's what i put in my mouth that prevents my body from losing, that and lack of exercise.

I hope slimming world works for you. They have a plan based around carbs or protein as well as the new extra easy so this could be the way for you.

I'm back at weight watchers and counting points, i've also given up biscuits, chocolate and cake, something which i wish wholeheartedly i'd never started eating again. Day two without crap and i feel pretty in control....

Got a nice mango for later :)

I am glad you posted about your problems tray! as a pre-opper it is really helpful to hear about the difficulties some people face after surgery rather than just all the success stories. Really hope things come right for you though xx

A reply to all of the above Tray you have been having a truly horrible time and no matter what we say or do you have to find the strength and use the tools that are available to you, your doctors, friends and strength within to draw a line under today and start a fresh, look over all the information you brought home from the hospital dietician even explore the prospect of counselling you can and have to get over this phase you owe it to yourself and you are worth it but you have to accept that you are worthy. well done to all those who have responded to Tray i am proud of you all. I don't know myself how much more weight i will lose as there are people who have had the same op as me at the same time or later than me who hav lost a lot more than me and their starting weight was less than mine thats the way it has always beeen for me thats why gastric bypass was my only option left, i do want tolose more but i am happy with what i have acheived so far and yes everyones body is unique if we are truthful we could have all run a mile when we went into hospital and had negative thoughts on coming home thinking of what we couldn't eat and we would have liked to. If we can go through all the waiting and then the op surely we can learn to cope I am amazed that people always told me from day 1 how well i looked yet negativity and doubt is always hiding in the background its nice to be able to share with people who understand what we have been through and what we have to endure each day just to stay healthy. Good luck all and Tray you will be fine of that I'm sure Keep you chin up girl xx

Sorry to hear about your concerns.

I agree with you about the dietitians at L&D all saying different things, however in there defence, I was concerned with the slow weight loss, or what I thought was slow, and they have referred me for another psycho session and also more sittings with the dietitians.

But to be honest since then, I have sorted my head out and also my exercise and now generally have a steady 1-2lb weight loss again.

I am lucky that I am working alongside the trained bariatric dietitian at Peterborough hospital, so I am always asking her things and picking up tips and hints.

Just wondering if your on My fitness pal so that you might be able to view other peoples food diaries to give you some meal ideas.

If you ever want to meet for a coffee and a chat, then let me know and I will get a few of the locals together and we can all meet up for a chin wag.

But well done for posting, and I hope SW helps give you that kick start again.

Sorry you have had a hard time. I was in so much pain after my op I couldn't move for almost a week and was on major pain killers. I have been told to have carbs with every meal and above veg so we all get told different things. Protein has been very hard to get in but as time has gone on I have tried and tried again. Sometimes it is my head that says you can't eat that it will hurt but working passed it is only way I can do this.
I am over the moon with 6 stone weight loss since 1st December but my team are unhappy and said I need to eat more carbs! I think it is hard when we also get told one thing by one person and something else from another.
Good luck x

Back