• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass done ~ I feel amazing !!

dragonflyshar

Hi, just need to share my story with anyone who is interested. Started my journey at my gp's june 2010, at long last March 29th 2012 had my bypass surgery.
Went really well, I never ever felt nervous or had any doubt ~ I was so so excited being wheeled into the operating theatre.
I am so so proud, I was discharged and sent home the following day less than 24 hours after my op.
My only hiccup was I had morphin for my arthritis pain and felt awful and was sick. I have followed the experts instructions to the letter and I feel amazing.
5 days after my op, I am so so happy, from the first shake I had I have had no problems. I am on very thick food not really blended but thicker than liquid, just had blended prunes for my tea as no movement yet lol
I want to tell everyone who has any doubts that this is the most positive experience of my life. Maybe I will struggle along the way or faulter as I am human but I would strongly recommend anyone considering a bypass to have faith, stay positive and listen to the experts

Grats! And good luck on the rest of your journey

So glad it all went well for you hun and its brill that you are feeling so well x keep us posted on your progress xxx

woohoo congratulations shar :) im so glad its all gone so well for you, good luck girlie :) xxx

Lovely to see someone doing so well and being so positive! Congratulations x

hi sharon

we were intogether although I think you were opposite a south african lady called Beverly. I walk with crutches. I am glad you are on the mend and glad you are pleased with your progress. I am still on liquids and will be until next wednesday when I can go onto slightly more solid (haha) foods.

Are you managing to get all the fluids in you that you need to?

Emma xx

Well done ladies, it's a wonderful feeling when everthing goes well isn't it, I had mine 4 weeks before you had yours and feel fantastic now, I have loads of energy and never ever feel hungry, which is just so different to before when I never ever felt full. Just wish I had it done years ago, but then I am glad I didn't as years ago it was not so safe an operation that it is nowadays.

All the best

Paul

Congrats dragonflyshar from another Sharon !!

Obviously patience is a virtue in what can be quite a lengthy process on the NHS -- but worth it in the end! :)

Congrats Dragonflyshar - glad you're feeling so good. Can't wait for my turn lol x

Back