• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass done

janeyf

Hi folks, finally had my bypass on Monday evening at Salford Royal and came home last night. I am pretty sore but the main pain for me right from coming round from anaesthetic was severe pain in my left shoulder which ran right up the side of my neck and still is but not as severe. I was pressing my pain med button all night. I was so terrified walking to the anaesthetic room but they were all so lovely with me and did their utmost to ease my worries.

This evening though I am having some watery blood in my urine like a weak period. Is this normal ? I'm a bit worried now. I'm scared to death that something will go wrong and I'll have to have another operation. I would really appreciate your comments xxx

Hi hunni glad you are all done, sorry you are in pain, as for the blood it wasn't something I had but we are all different welcome to the losers bench x

Hi Hun congrats on making it to the losers bench, sorry to hear your in pain, hope your managing ok. Not sure on the blood in urine, if your worried get it checked but i have heard many story's of odd colour wee. For me op kick started my period despite having just tailed of the day before, so its possible. But like i said get it checked. Wishing you a speedy recovery, shoulder pain sounds like wind, its painful but shifts honest x x x

Evening Jane !
even with the pain and red we wee it must be a good feeling to know your on the losers bench now
I cant wait till my turn comes
get well soon and start changing your life forever!

Hi Janeyf, I'm so pleased you are through the op. If you are worried let the staff know. I wish you all the best.

I'll be having my bypass in Salford in a little over two weeks, so I'm following your story with great interest. I too am petrified that things might go wrong

Glad to hear you are out the other side. I hope the 'wee' problem is easily sorted xx

Well done Janey hope everything is ok the pain on the left is quite normal most people seem to have it, usually wind and also something to do with the muscle on that side. All done now just to recuperated and follow the hospitals instructions and all will be well. x

Thanks everyone. Salford Royal were superb and so caring BUT when you're scared you're scared. I feel really bad saying this but I feel really low. after all the planning and fighting and longing why is this. I have the most awful taste in my mouth which makes everything taste awful and is kind of making me gag. I absolutely cannot take my pain meds as they make me heave. Please God I buck up soon x

poor you, the swallowing of tablets was a big problem for me as well so I got the ones you put in water and dissolve for most of my meds as well as pain killers which dissolve, hope you feel better soon x

I bought the kids calpol kind of meds, but luckily I didn't need them at all, they tried to give me soluble paracetamol the evening of my op but they tasted so vile and I had no ppain so didn't bother.

Oh janeyF.. The first week or so r so bad, and I only had a band.. I to felt really low and completely fed up... And worst still unable to comfort myself with food as I usually would...
My little girl made me a diary and every day i had to right in how I felt, kept it really basis for the kids to read, and I soon noticed that I was improving both physically and mentally every day, and once that improvement started there was no stopping me... Sign yourself out for a few days, don't over think it, just do your best with pain meds and fluids, even if it's just water.. And good luck, let's hope the next week or so flys by.. Xx

Janey congrats on making it to the losers bench hun. The vile taste is not going to go until you start eating again which is going to be a few weeks away yet. It's because you are in ketosis due to the low carb intake. I coped well with the pain, the wind etc but the fowl taste drove me bonkers and no amount of brushing my teeth or rinsing my mouth helped eradicate my fur lined mouth. Folks assured me that it would go the minute I started eating again and it certainly did :) xx

It will improve honestly it will, you w2ill get those days and times when you think what have I done to myself its only natural just as worrying is before the op. I always remember that saying be careful what yua wish for. WE wanted this badly then got it then had regrets but you will move on from here stay positive get out each day for a little walk fresh air in your lungs does wonders for the spirit keep talking to people x

Hi Janey,

The pain is trapped wind, I suffered with it after my op and the best thing is a hot water bottle on the area and moving around helps. As for the taste, thats the anaesthetic, its leaves a horrible taste in your mouth for a few days, but honestly it will all pass. These are minor details that they don't always tell you about pre-op, but its worth it to see the weight come off and start a new life.

I hope you feel better soon, best of luck x

I can relate to this the first 2 weeks post op I was so miserable and wondering why I had done this to myself, however 4 months down the line I think it's the best thing I've ever done, keep plugging on my lovely you will soon feel so much better xxx

Hi Hun :) hope your feeling a little brighter today. I had my band fitted 3 weeks ago, and sat in the hospital in tears wondering what the hell i had done, the first few days were uncomfortable and every twinge had me scared, but slowly the first week passed and i started to feel better and better, and now 3 weeks out, i couldn't be better, yes scars are still healing and i'm still eating slop but am feeling fitter by the day :) Just want you to know there is light at the end of the tunnel. You will feel so much better in a couple of days and once that weight starts to shift you;ll be on cloud 9 :) sending lots of love n hugs hun x x x x

Back