• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Appendicitis

Kimberly

A word of warning I'm coming up to 10 month post by pass and really been ok . In July had really bad abdominal pains and admitted had a scan given strong pain med but nothing found . I though oh we'll it's wind . It happened a few times took buscopan and some pain killers and it would go away . Sorted I thought . Luckily I ran out on Saturday so needed to see out of hours . She wanted me to go in . To hospital . My blood showed an infection but apart from pain I was well and didn't have pain in lower right region of.abdomen so medic thought and I agreed may be a bowel infection but they dis a CT scan thank goodness , it showed appendicitis and operated on Monday . When I came round I was told it was a nasty abscess with small bowel adhesions and they worked on me for a long time . So folks be careful get pains checked out

The pain connected with appendicitis in any shape or form is not nice at all.hope all goes well with you.

I'm getting better thank you . It's weirded because similar to by pass pain and energy levels . But I can eat a more varied diet . A bit worrying I lost 11 pound in a week . So I'm going to contact my team I know it's not my bypass as when they were in the had a look and all is good in that department . But I had small bowel adhesions around the abscess . And they took away more small bowel . I just though I touch base with the dietitian , she told me on my last consultation to expect to lose from now 4 pound a month !!!!

ooh so pleased you got checked out. I suffer intermittent pain like that but it always goes away after a few hours. I will bear that ain mind thank you xx Take care of yourself xxx

Contacted my team and spoke to the dietition who was fabulous she just thought it my body reacting to the trauma it's received and to up 6 eating times a day high protein ect . And get back again next week if I lose 7 pound . Very reassuring .
How strange it is that losing shed loads of weight in a week is scary

Back