• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op

molly1972

Have been dieting for 20 yrsafter having my first child .. Now have been going though the different stages with the weight management team for over six months .. Now am up to the stage to where am getting referred to their gp for a medical to comply all reports .. Does anyone know how long the process is in merseyside area before you get referred to a surgeon to be considered for surgery xxx

hi welcome and good luck

Thx you both .. Got appointment for the congenital behaviour next week .. I had one session a few weeks ago.. The questions they ask are so intrusive .. Does anyone know roughly how many of them they put you through .. Xx

nop clue sorry didnt have that

i dont think it a hospital thing im sure they all do it but only if they feel you need it

It seems to be the done thing here , i guess it depends on the area you live in .. To what hoops they make you jump .. X

Hi it took me a year to jump through hoops for my band then when the band twisted I had it out straight away and it took another year to have my bypass but now I look back I understand why they put you through the long wait
I feel I was better prepared for it and more determined
If you have done the weight management for six months then they normally refer to the surgeon which is between 3-6 months depending on your area some go quicker some longer
Good luck and may I ask were you are living
Mark

Hi there are a couple on here from Liverpool area I used to chat to a lady from Preston who went to Liverpool for her op she had it at a private hospital there but on the nhs
Good luck what type of surgery are you going for

Hi mark .., I did want the band till i went to the pre op and post op meetings and that put me off with all the different complications so i want the sleeve .. Have not got has far has a hospital yet, to see a surgeon discuss what is the best option for me .. I'm guessing that might be around July August .. Coz here every step in the book is followed no short cuts .. Not unless you have type two diabetes .. Am going to the sleep apnea clinic next week , to see do i have that .. According to my family i do lol .. It does seem a very slow process from gp to seeing a surgeon .. x

Molly I found out I needed a C.P.A.P machine and didn't know until I had been to clinic that I had a problem other than violent headaches on waking for the last 5 and half yrs. none of my own doctors could find the problem. The machine took a couple of days to get used to but I really must say the difference for me was massive, no headaches unless it's migraine less tired and only wake up once or twice a night. I can't use it at the min because of chest infection and boy can I tell the difference.

Have been snoring all my life hun .. I don't sleep well and often wake myself up with it .. I too have headaches and feel very tired during the day .. My family said i stop breathing for a few seconds then i struggle to breathe .. I get confused a lot too .. I often wake with a dry mouth as well .. I thought it was normally until i went to my congenital therapy session .. I was advised to see my gp and referred .. Am plzed you're sorted it's not a nice thing to live with x

No it's not nice and I was rather surprised that it was that causing the problem but honest if it's what it seems like then you will feel totally different once you use it. I did an overnight sleep study ( little gadget on my finger and wrist ) and was given the results a week later on my follow up and was astonished that the machine was sat there waiting for me at the same time all set up and around 40mins teaching how to use it. Very easy too. :)

I go tomorrow hopefully that's one problem sorted soon .. I can't wake up today feel so drowsy .. I hate feeling this way .. How far along the weight loss journey are you hun x

Right at the beginning Hun. Been referred done seminar has health checks and sleep study. Also seen psychologist and been given the initial weight loss that's expected before I go any further as they won't consider me unless I lose 7kg. I seem to be the only one on here that's going to James Cook University Hospital. I live around 60 miles away and there are no groups for support in my area but love this site everyone is so helpful and friendly. How about you Hun? :)

Am over 6 months in .. Done the weight management for 8 weeks and did the congenial therapy classes too for 6 weeks .. I saw the shrink once and seeing her again on Wednesday .. My dietician as referred me to their gp for a health check but that's not till the end of April .. Got the sleep apnea for the first time tomorrow . Hopefully all the reports will be done soon to be referred to a surgeon .. Then i will see from their .. Am hoping to at least get to the stage of seeing a surgeon by summertime .. The process here seems to be taking forever .. Am just worried i won't get funding at the end , especially been put through the mill to get so far .. I think the surgery is done in anitree hospital trust .. Which is only ten mins from my home .. It is very difficult find support groups and finding people to talk to .. I know the different areas have different criteria's and waiting list time's are different .. And it's so annoying .. I have found this site helpful and friendly .. Especially with the aftercare it's nice people are willing to share their stories x

Back