• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op

I haven't found anywhere that comes close to this site and can't rate it enough, it really is fab that people I have never met before can be so nice without being judgemental.
You mention congenial but I haven't come across it at all so can't say that I know anything about it.
Funding hasn't been mentioned at all by the team members I see at James Cook but I do know the surgeon picks his patients carefully with being told at the seminar. I don't have to go back to sleep clinic for a year now and no more appointments for psych either so that's a step in the right direction and 2wks after being told lose 7kg or go no further and I have lost half of it. Just wish the rest would follow as no loss for 2 days now.
I even tried a little exercise and walked 3 miles yesterday but caused myself so much pain because of my disabling spine that I would have to wait a month to try again. Pity because the new way of eating was going well till the loss stopped so quickly and doubt myself that I will get here yet I'm stubborn and really really want this. I know they have their reasons but if I could lose it without the surgery I wouldn't be doing it. If only I could go in tomorrow I know I would be onto a better life with much less pain and be happier too.

I agree with Mark about the length of waiting time..... i know at the time it seems like forever waiting and jumping all those hoops but i wouldn't change my journey now......... it took me almost 3 years from doc to op but the support gained in the process really stood me in good stead for my new life post op. My advise is use the time wisely follow the rules to the letter and learn all you can, read everything and go in with your eyes open... this is a fab site for info too :) i wish you all the luck in the world x x x gl

Back