• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass not working

jou

Hi folks
This my seem silly, but I'm really worried. I'm 18 days post op and to date I've only lost 1 stone. I'm still on liquids, tried some pureed food, but it didn't agree with me so went back onto thinker soups. I walk but can't do exercise more than that cus one part of my cut is not healed and it still hurts. I'm nowhere having the suggested amount of food the hospital recommend. I'm also nowhere eating the amount of food I used to. Surely I should of lost more???? Xx

Hi folks
This my seem silly, but I'm really worried. I'm 18 days post op and to date I've only lost 1 stone. I'm still on liquids, tried some pureed food, but it didn't agree with me so went back onto thinker soups. I walk but can't do exercise more than that cus one part of my cut is not healed and it still hurts. I'm nowhere having the suggested amount of food the hospital recommend. I'm also nowhere eating the amount of food I used to. Surely I should of lost more???? Xx

WOW a stone in 18 days and u think its not working.... I would defo say its working, dont compare yourself 2 other peeps. xx

blimey it took me month to lose a stone, what you have lost is great x

Hun how long did u think it would take to loose a stone? 18 days is only just over 2 weeks it bloody fantastic xx

Thanks.. Your right, was panicking because I had the op the same time with someone I'm still in contact with and she's lost 2 stones!!. Plus I keep looking on the Internet to see what i should be losing. I need to be patient xxx

there is no set rule to what you should be losing hun, we all lose differently x
your doing great, try not to compare i know thats easy to say but the same as we all learn to talk and walk at different times we lose weight differently tooxxx

Everyone is individual and so comparing your weight loss to someone else's isn't advisable. Any weight loss at this stage is an advantage and you'll be carrying a lot of fluid as well and will still be a bit swollen from surgery. Try not to worry about exercise at the moment as you'll still be healing. My nurse said not to exercise for at least 6 months post surgery whilst healing.

Try being me , I am 9 days post op and put on 8 lbs .

Hi,

I couldn't read and run here. It's early days. Are you keeping up the sipping fluids and regular moving about? By that I mean walking about the room for five mins every hour or so.

stefanie sorry to hear your struggling please dont give up xx

stefanie said:
I have been out and about since day 3!!! Not sure why this is happening to me :(

Steph most people do put on weight the first few days after op - it's the swelling inside, the air they blow into you and water retention. I put on 7lbs the first week. Give it another couple of weeks and the whoosh fairy should pay you a call!

Its true give it time. everyone is different. Its a bit like having a baby and compairing yours to someone elses born at the same time they put on weight and grow differently. Just like us. A stone is fantasic well done. You may find in the next month you lose and the other person doesnt. swings and roundabouts.

Best wishes

Jo
xx

stefanie said:
Try being me , I am 9 days post op and put on 8 lbs .

Hi stefanie
I know what they are saying is right cus they pump me with so much fluid that on day 3 and partly day 4, 1 was going to the toilet every 20 mins. Was in hospital for 5 days. Didn't even weight myself till recently. Hence my post. Xxxx so glad I've got people who I can talk to!!

Stef, you are perfectly normal. Don't panic, just keep sipping and moving. No need to worry, the scales will become your new bff xx

So sorry jou , I hope you don't think I have hijacked your thread!!!

Thank you for all your encouragement and advice.

I am going to stay away from the scales for at least a week and see what happens .

It's normal tp put weight on in the early days as our bodies adjust. The sipping and moving helps with fluid and poo retention and of course, ensures our vascular system is looked after.

The very worst thing to do is compare with other people. I am guilty of this and have to remind myself to stop it and I am 2 years down the line.

Back