• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass saturday St anthonys any advise

Mikaela

Hi time is fast approaching how long did any one have off work and howdid u feel emotionally after the op I'm feeling really down at mo and don't no why x

I felt fine was tired and a little uncomorftable when i cam ehome walked every day, bit further each time and went back to work after 2 weeks but no lifting, my workmates new this but i could have been off longer but was happy togo back was bored at home. It is an Emotional roller coaster we all ask afterwards what have i done even if we only say it inwardly to ourselves. It takes the body a while toget over it and for us to adapt to our new eating regime. xx

Hi time is fast approaching how long did any one have off work and howdid u feel emotionally after the op I'm feeling really down at mo and don't no why x

St anthonys is a lovely hospital, the nurses will take care of you - its a new start for you - you will mourn your food for a while but once you start shrinking you will love it - i love the faces of peeps who havent seen me for a while, x

Good luck for saturday. I had 6 weeks off work and i needed it, i think the older you are the longer it takes to recover. Dont worry too much its gonna be ok, your in very experienced hands and the hospital is lush.

Kim x

Good luck for saturday. I had 6 weeks off work and i needed it, i think the older you are the longer it takes to recover. Dont worry too much its gonna be ok, your in very experienced hands and the hospital is lush.

Kim x

I'm 30 and work with children how many days will i be I'n if I'm going I'n sat 6.30 I'n morning ?? They say 48 hours will i be out by Monday also can i drive ?

hopefully you'l come out Monday but as for driving don't think you can like all ops you have to be able to do an emergency stop.I was 46 and managed and i work in a school. everyone copes differently and you will to find your own way of recupertating and you'll know when you are ready to drive. The drive home from hospital left my body in a state of shock joggled it up felt sick,dizzy,shakey, n tired. apart from that fit n well. xx

You will need to check with your insurance company about driving, it's anything from 2-6 weeks after op. if you do drive before the time your insurance says your insurance will be void. :)

Back