• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Really struggling with pre op

Priesty

Hi,

I am really struggling with the milk diet. I'm not that keen on milk anyway and have been flavouring it with Crusha no added sugar flavouring all though it still not that pleasant. The jelly though is where i'm really struggling it's making me gag now when I eat it. Combined with the milk I feel sick on and off all day. I feel really cold and my hubby said I am really pale.

When I went to St Richards I did try and explain I didn't want to do the milk diet and asked about an alternative but she said I had no option.

Ive tried to ring them today but no one around so will have to wait till tomorrow. I know I have to do a liver shrinking diet for this op but I don't see why I can't do an alternative. I really want this op and I know two weeks isn't long but to me it's feeling like an eternity.

Please any ideas, I don't want to spoil my chances of surgery but at the moment I am so feeling like eating somthing solid.

Thanks

Paula XX

Oh Paula am so sorry you're struggling.. I'm not at that stage yet (although hopefully not long away) so my only suggestion is to ask them for the vlc diet that they must give to the diabetic patients.

Good luck my lovely, my best wishes go with you on this the final leg of your journey to slimdom xx

i was going to say there does seem to be several different pre-op diets around, maybe just try one of those.

i don't seem to be too bad at the moment on the milk....hardest part is when the girls in my office start getting lunch, or heating up snacks, i have been bringing 2/3 of my jelly to work for lunch so i can "eat" something while everyone else does....am really not a jelly fan tho

I know how you feel. How many days have you been doing it now? This is day 5 for me. I'm still cold but I don't feel sick anymore.

I'm doing 4 slimfasts a day. Tastes a little better than milk to me but I only like one flavour....may never want to eat/drink anything strawberry flavoured again after the op!

There are lots of us in the same though so just keep strong and be positive. I had a bad day yesterday and posted about it. Lots of people then sent me really lovely helpful messages. Have a look at them 'cos they'll probably help you too.

Feel better soon....oh, and make sure you're having a bit of salt in something (that might help with the washed out feeling) xx

Hi
Hang on in there, I know it seems like a life time. I am not in your boat at the moment (hope to be soon though), however I have done the horrible lighter life diet and I found that hard. just think what you will get at the end of it.

Go girl, you an do it!!!!!

HI

Thanks for all your messages. I have now developed a really upset stomach (sorry if too graphic). It doesn't really hurt but is not pleasant. Ive never been very good with milk as I said. Anyway I shall ring the hospital in the morning and see if anyone can help me.

For now I am going up to bed to watch the Tudors as hubby is monopolising TV with football:wave_cry:

Thanks again

Take Care

Paula XX

hi paula i am also doin the milk diet cus im two days after you. i cant say that im finding it too hard tho the only thing is i am cold and have been a bit headachy but thats probly withdrawal. on my diet sheet you can also have two bovril or oxo drinks, i know it aint a lot but it has made a differance when you want that savory taste, but come on girl you can do it i,ll do it with you (LOL) its only another eight days and then its the start of our new lives aint it? it will be worth it in the end keep your chin up hun we can do this xx ps i must admit though i am developing quite a relationship with my toilet ssshh dont tell anyone lol xx

ps i must admit though i am developing quite a relationship with my toilet ssshh dont tell anyone lol xx

haha i know that feeling!

HI

Thanks for all your messages. I have now developed a really upset stomach (sorry if too graphic). It doesn't really hurt but is not pleasant. Ive never been very good with milk as I said. Anyway I shall ring the hospital in the morning and see if anyone can help me.

For now I am going up to bed to watch the Tudors as hubby is monopolising TV with football:wave_cry:

Thanks again

Take Care

Paula XX

Have you ever been checked for caesin intolerance? Perhaps this has highlighted it.

HI,

No ive never been checked for any intolerances before. Maybe somthing I need to look into, so thanks for that.

I managed to get hold of the dietician today finally and she has allowed me to change diets and do the low fat, low carb one.

I am so much happier and feel so much better. My stomach has stopped griping and I have colour back in my cheeks.

Thanks so much for all of your support and help. Full steam ahead now only a week today!!!!!!!

Take Care

Paula XX

I'm so pleased for you Paula. There's nothing worse than being on a diet and being miserable!

At least now you've got something to sink your teeth into.

Wishing you every success x

hi paula, im glad ur feeling better, if it makes a difference to how your feeling then its all good. cus hun at the end of the day its a big thing, emotionally as well as physically and if we can get there feeling fit and well then thats all that matters, one more week an your there hun x

hiya nightwitch, how are you doing?, i have been fine all day but my hubby n kids have just eaten curry n chips n its set my hunger pangs off! i,m fine with everything else its just i love curry! never mind ay it will be worth it. what i have noticed tho is about eight o clock at nite i seem to be having a mad hour like i,m an over tired child. (its probly me being a bit of a nutter or lack of food or lack of food or lack of food haha) anyway enough about food. back to being sane for a moment, ive noticed that theres a few of us in next weekend so i wont feel so lonely x x

Back