• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

24/08/18 My life Changes!

Izy

Hello all!

34 years old 27.7st male

I am due to have my gastric bypass on Tuesday at St George's under one of the best surgeons in the country (so I'm told).

Been on the liver shrinking diet and it's tough, I have been doing the 5 slim fast shakes a day as I travel around for work so more practical. I was constantly feeling hungry and spoke to the dietician who said I could eat veggies in the green list to try and put the pains at bay! It has kinda helped.

I'll be staying at my parents for a week or so post op so they can help. How long will it be till I can do stuff for myself? I'll be having 2 months of work so this will help!

Hopefully all goes well on Tuesday!

Any pointers or tips?

Thanks

Izy!

Hi and welcome. I hope your surgery went well hun xx

Hi and welcome keep in touch and good luck, recovery really does vary, some go back to work after a week or two, I was of for 8 weeks then had phased return, best of luck, look forward to your updates x

Hello all!

34 years old 27.7st male

I am due to have my gastric bypass on Tuesday at St George's under one of the best surgeons in the country (so I'm told).

Been on the liver shrinking diet and it's tough, I have been doing the 5 slim fast shakes a day as I travel around for work so more practical. I was constantly feeling hungry and spoke to the dietician who said I could eat veggies in the green list to try and put the pains at bay! It has kinda helped.

I'll be staying at my parents for a week or so post op so they can help. How long will it be till I can do stuff for myself? I'll be having 2 months of work so this will help!

Hopefully all goes well on Tuesday!

Any pointers or tips?

Thanks

Izy!
Welcome and good luck for surgery. Watch out for gas pain after surgery which I had. If you get it keep walking and maybe try mint tea. Not everyone gets this but those were the tips I was given x

Update

Received phone call 1600 on Monday 23rd saying my op was cancelled! 2 emergencies had taken priorities. Was gutted. 6 years in in the making and 14months on the waiting list this time to fall at the final hurdle. Month suck off work booked and being payed for after fight arrangements made to stay with the parents for 2 weeks after my op plus other things....to say I was gutted is an understatement.

Update

Received phone call 1600 on Monday 23rd saying my op was cancelled! 2 emergencies had taken priorities. Was gutted. 6 years in in the making and 14months on the waiting list this time to fall at the final hurdle. Month suck off work booked and being payed for after fight arrangements made to stay with the parents for 2 weeks after my op plus other things....to say I was gutted is an understatement.
Oh no! Sorry to hear this, it must be so disappointing for you, all that planning. I hope you can manage to rearrange it all. Cancelations happen fairly frequently unfortunately. I had to enough of it with my hospital in the beginning keep changing my appointment, keep getting everything arranged with cover at work and transport (I'm two hours drive from my hospital) and then they would change the date, so I can imagine how horrible it is to have your op day canceled :banghead:

Update

Aw no I’m so sorry, I know how you feel, I’m 3.5 hours away from my hospital and they cancelled me an hour befor I was due to be there, it’s horrible because you know you can’t do anything to control the situation, I’m so sorry and hope you don’t have to wait to long xx

Update

So sorry to hear this but hope you don’t have to wait too long for another date xxx

Aw no I’m so sorry, I know how you feel, I’m 3.5 hours away from my hospital and they cancelled me an hour befor I was due to be there, it’s horrible because you know you can’t do anything to control the situation, I’m so sorry and hope you don’t have to wait to long xx
I should say I was staying at the lovely hotel maria61 but the hospital didn’t know that x

Lol. They reckon there should be some extra slots in August but I might postpone it till end of the year as I never wanted it in the summer as it's too hot for fatties. It's hard to get cool but easier to warm up if cold!

Oh no i hope you soon get it sorted and when u want it the waiting sucks it takes over ur life your life is on hold i got told in feb it would be end of year then when i rang baratrics appointment lady she said 10 to 12 mnths after being put on waiting list so i booked my holiday for September and told them i wont be avalible ive been arranging my life round this for 2 years now just cause we are fattys doesnt mean we dont have a life i know we should be happy its the nhs but that doesnt mean to be messed around rant over hope u ok love xx

Lol. They reckon there should be some extra slots in August but I might postpone it till end of the year as I never wanted it in the summer as it's too hot for fatties. It's hard to get cool but easier to warm up if cold!

Ah sorry to hear that it was cancelled that sucks hun. They do say everything happens for a reason so I know that’s not much of a consultation but I can think of xx. I hope you get a date fixed again soon xx :)

Hello, just wondering if you ever had your bypass ? And if so how you are getting on

Back