• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass wednesday but been naughty!

indianlight

Hi,

I'm back on here after a difficult time since my band was removed, but I got through it and have been soo good with my eating then in the last few days i've eaten a bit more food than i should have and some of its had a bit more fat in than i should have.

Has anyone been naughty like this and how did it affect op?

I know the rules, i'm an old hand at all this, so theres no point telling me i shouldn't have done it..cos I know it!!

Aww Allie, thanks for your honesty!!! I've had such a terrible time and if i had blown it cos of this I would have been soooo mad with myself...x

Indian light you are doing well no need for us to tell you otherwise hang in there its nearly over, good luck

Jay xx

Thanks Jay, I wish it was over now...can't wait!! maybe I should think of packing some stuff today x

Hi Indianlight, i am far away from having surgery but i have been told by the bariatric nurse and have read on a few occasions that if a person does not follow the liver shrinkage diet and their liver is 2 fatty then the surgeon can refuse to do the op, i amnot saying this is the case with you but it is a reality.
I am sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear but some surgeons are more fussy than others and expect their patients to follow the diet to the letter, i know this is the case in the Whittington.
Take care luv Roch xx

Thats ok Roch, it's nothing I dont know. I've been operated on twice by my bariatric surgeon already. My liver has never been fatty yet! I have been on a realy good fat free diet for approx 1 month now and a low fat one for a few weeks before that. I'm sure until this 'blip' my liver was in great shape. The thing I didn't know was how quick it can affect your liver if you had something fatty, I think i'l be ok..but to be honest its my own fault if i'm not xx

Thats ok Roch, it's nothing I dont know. I've been operated on twice by my bariatric surgeon already. My liver has never been fatty yet! I have been on a realy good fat free diet for approx 1 month now and a low fat one for a few weeks before that. I'm sure until this 'blip' my liver was in great shape. The thing I didn't know was how quick it can affect your liver if you had something fatty, I think i'l be ok..but to be honest its my own fault if i'm not xx

So ur def not a bariatric virgin then :D:D:D:D i think all surgeons have diff opinions and its def good u have never had a fatty liver b4 and u have followed the low fat diet for the past month.
In our info meeting we were told by the bariatirc nurse that just eating a high fat meal the night b4 surgery can change ur liver from non fatty to fatty.
Maybe make sure u dont have any fat at all from now till ur op on Wednesday to make sure its all ok.
Am sure u will be fine and good luck for ur surgery, hope u have a speedy and pain free recovery xxx

thanks roch i'm sure i'l survive...lol thats if my surgeon doesnt tell me off...xx

hi deb, i just want to wish you luck for wednesday and i hope all goes well for you, who is doing your op hun ?

HI Liz,

Thanks, its mr B I think...but who knows..lol

I must admit it was Dr Ackroyds threat of not doing the surgery if I didn't follow the pre-diet that made me stick to it religeously.

I'm not saying this is the case, but it was enough to stop me thinking about cheating.

I'm sure just the once is forgiveable but you are wanting a life changing operation, please don't wreck your chances. Be strong, it will all be worth it in the end xx

I did the low fat diet pre op and it was over xmas I cheated on xmas day big dinner pudding and a box of roses

Just wanted to reiterate what everyone else is saying, stick to the low fat diet cause if you dont you may well be disappointed.

Just distract your self from your hunger and stay positive :) We will all be thinking of you!! xx

Some people just have fatty livers no matter how strict the diet. I went to a talk by an eminent bariatric surgeon who said that as they have no idea what size your liver is before you start the diet, how will they know if you have stuck to it or not! That's why some surgeons do not ask for a pre-op diet...

Having said this, i think the more effort put in, the likely the easier the op. Guess its down to personal choice....

Back