• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypassers; how much were you bypassed by/proximal/distal?

wannabeminime

Hi, as some of you may know, i originally wanted a sleeve, but i am now considering a bypass due to reflux problems. I am starting to think i have a small hiatus hernia.

Anyway, i want to know how much you were bypassed by ie was it proximal or distal, or were you told the length of bypass, and how much you have lost if you are at target.

Thank you xxx

I'm sorry my post won't be helpful as I don't have a clue! But I can tell you why I chose the bypass if that helps as I had a bit of a sleeve or bypass moment. I wanted something that guaranteed at least a 50% total weightloss as I felt given my start BMI anything less extreme was too risky. I didn't suffer from GERD, but did have occasional reflux and have had none since op.

I may be wrong here, but I believe that the majority of bypass surgeries are proximal nowadays. I remember reading that the distal technique has more complications.

Wow wendy thats a distal bypass!!Do you have many absorption problems?

Yes I absorb too many calories now :17729::rotflmao:

No not really But I have always been too healthy.
(Glucose level and cholesterol was low even before my bypass)
My bloods always come back great
My Vit D is on the low side but Dr's have said its not a problem (I blame lack of summer for the last few years) Same with my Iron levels they want me to take Adcal D3 and ferrous sulphate just to be on the safe side.

Back