• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Plication

SandraDee

hi there

ive just joined this site as im seriously considering the gastric plication, i wanted to know if anyone has been to prague or poland for the surgery and if they can recommend a Dr and clinic.

Im not massivly overweight and tbh would be happy with a two stone weight loss however that may as well be 20 stone. Ideally i would like to lose 4stone and as ive been constantly told (by friends) its not that much but its all realative isnt it. Having the surgery done in the uk is just way to expensive and as most the surgeons in the uk seem to be of another nationality going abroad doesnt scare me, so if there is anyone out there male or female that can give some advice i would really appreciate it. Also if there is anyone in the same boat as me and is looking for a buddie to research with and travel with i am more than happy to do that.

Thank you for reading:)

thank you Dee i really am greatful for that info. can you tell me the process you went through and the support offered, ie how long was you out there for did you have private room in hozzie or was you in a ward, what happ after you op did you have a support person there is there any after care in the uk, have you even required any after care? You and i are about the same starting weight so i wonder if you can tell me what dress size you are now and how are you finding eating is it a drastic change?

Thanks

sandra:)

Dee can i ask you because i am a little bit confused, you say the price is based depending on how many days you stay, you mean in the hotel or hospital?? so do the hospital work in conjunction with local hotels that you can use? so after your op on the tues when did you leave the hospital? then did you go to hotel until the friday....................sorry if i sound silly just want to get the process clear in my head. Also was you sick at all or did you feel sick? my friend had the band here in uk a few years ago and she was vomitting all the time. come the thur when you felt better did you feel up for say sight seeing or was you still very much wanting your bed?

thank you

sandra xx

arrrr thanks becky for coming back to me, im so confused right now, i know i want to surgery but dont want to go through the process alone. im single and it is a big ask to ask a friend to take so much time of work to come with you. can i ask how many days did you stay and how much did it cost i know we are looking at different procedures but how did you feel after your surgery was you vomitting or anything. Also what are the facilities in the room and did you go on your own?

thanks

sandra xx

oh wow really, thank you for that. i have spent all day on this site and the last 48 researching this proceedure, and i must admit i have come to the conclusion to go for it. I have just emailed Dr H so hopefully will get a reply mon tues. can i ask you darling what was the pre op preparation is it that milk diet like for banding? how did you feel after surgery was you sick, did you feel secure there and how have things been for you since? have you had to see your gp and did you suffer with any wind problems...........heard that is way painful:( you seem to be steadly losing from your post which is fab only a month later:) what are you eating now ie portion size. I think ythe thing for me is my friend had a band done here in the uk a couple of years agao and when we go out to eat she has like an incy wincy starter and thats it and i dont want my restriction to be so severe.

Would appreciate your feedback my darling

thank you

sandra

thanks for your feedback wobblestokie. how long was the process from email the Dr to you being booked in

thank you
x

also you said you arrived sun and had all your tests on the mon, so was you booked into a hotel for sun night or are you going straight to the hospital xx

ive made this decision to move forward thanks to you and others on this site within 24hrs, i had a moment of thinking bloody ell love wait a minute, but ive been waiting a long time and tried so many different diets to the point of making me sick. so i truly thank you fr that.
Bless you xx

Last edited:
Back