• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cost of plication

Lizscot

hiya
I have been considering wls for some time and have settled on plication. As I am financing this myself I have been trying to work out costs. What I have also settled on is that I will stay in the uk for the procedure.
My question is can anyone give me an idea on cost?
Please note I am not looking for finance options (saving up lol). I am just keen to start making initial apt’s/enquiries.
Good luck everyone
Ps any wls buddies would be appreciated xxx

L

Welcome to the forum.

We don't have any current members who have had the pilication, it seemed to fall out of favour a number of years ago and most people who had it went abroad.

You'll have to do your own research as to price, as this isn't what the forum is about I'm afraid. I would also recommend that you do lots and lots of research before you not only decide which surgery you'll have that's the best for you but which surgeon.

Good luck!

erm.... I had plication in the UK under Prof Ammori. Dr Alan Li has taken over most of his private patients in Manchester

It went really well for me and my team told me I had one of the best success rates as 63% of excess.

After 2 or 3 years, I hit a black hole in life and put a bit back on. Not a silly amount.... but they had always told me (I just forgot) that to get me weight RIGHT down, I may wish to consider a sleeve at a later date.

The worries I had originally and the success I had with the plication was superb. However, I did decide to follow through with a sleeve a few months ago in the hope of getting to a normal BMI.

The plication (and process leading up to it) took me from 21st to 14st2lb I think

The sleeve has taken me from about 16st3 to 12st 12 so far - and hopefully down to around 10.5 - at least.. that's the idea.

Fingers crossed, this time my head is totally in gear.

Plication a few years ago cost me £7k I think and the sleeve was £7.5k I'm sure (forgotten already)

Back