• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Calories and Protein

smiler2009

Im sorry I know this has been asked so many times before but how many calories should we be having and how many grms protein a day. It differs so much! Thanks

youre a couple of months less out than me but i am having 1200kcals and 60gms protein a dayxx

Flipping heck, i'm sure i have closer to 1500 cals a day... I've not tracked it on food focus lately and i'm sure i'm eating more. I am going to have to track it again as today i could have eaten a scabby dog!

Oh buggar, i'm definitely eating too many calories. Although bad habits are getting back in there and these will be addressed by some good solid protein!

Maybe i'm not eating enough then, but i dont know how i would get any more in xx

I understood it to be 60-70gms protein a day for a bypass and 100gms a day for a DS.

This is so the body can absorb the 45gms necessary a day for bodily repair.

My surgeon told me that he wouldn't expect me to be able to take in much more than 12-1500 cals a day after the weight loss window of 18 months - but he does do exceptionally small sleeves

xxx

Yes bypassers should be taking in 60-70g of protein per day.

I was told not to count calories but the site does it when I enter my meals to tot up my protein. I'm getting between 900 and 1100 a day at the mo.

Flipping heck, i'm sure i have closer to 1500 cals a day... I've not tracked it on food focus lately and i'm sure i'm eating more. I am going to have to track it again as today i could have eaten a scabby dog!

I counted mine up for yesturday and was surprised at 1650! Reading on your other thread you also eat similar amount to me and our weight loss is the around the same :)

I've been cuttning carbs this week, but next week am focusing on protein I think as I def dont have 70g per day x

Todays count is 800 cals & 88g protein... well thats only if I eat all of my chicken breast tonight!

My count is 1089 and 66 gms protien, will have a banana before bed to try to get 1200

How are you girls managing to get such a high amount of protein on such a low amount of calories. Would some of you mind posting your daily menu's please.

I really need to make more effort with protein I think if Im ever going to reach that magical BMI25 so any tips would be greatly appreciated (apart from protein shakes/shots - I cant bear them)

ooh no. not tried that site Linzi. I'll go take a look

It's so good... just been on there... xxx

Just worked mine out for today and Ive had 833 calories, which includes 128g carbs (eek!) and 48g Protein. Carbs are so high as I had loads of grapes as snacks today. Very impressed with the calories but fitness pal says I should be aiming for 165g carbs and 45g protein. I would say the balance is way off...

I find it very carb loaded in the goals but you can customise them to what levels you want to be at Sam, eg set yr own calories, carb, protein & fat grams. Just watch out as some of the foods are very americanised & they count fibre as part of their carbs which will give you a bum count... you can also add yr own foods. x

Charlie do you think Mr Khan gave us bigger pouches? Seriously i am going to ask! I'm away at the weekend but when i come back i am seriously considering the 5 day pouch test as i can pack it away most days and it scares me (although nowhere near as much as pre op)....

In the meantime i'm making a conscious effort not to nibble bad choices between meals........

Back