• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protein intake after surgery

lamb_reader

For the first two months after my sleeve surgery my protein intake was fine thanks to Fresubin Protein. One shake has 300 calories and 20g of protein and I had two a day, plus milk & yoghurt. So all was well.
After switching to "normal" food I found it very hard to get the protein I need (0,8g per kg). I tried many different protein powders but I didn't really like any of them and I found myself drinking them less frequently.
Over the last couple of weeks I charted my food online and realized that I on average only eat 45g of protein a day (1100 calories a day).
So now I'm trying to find a protein supplement I like and can use every day. I ordered 11 different sampels of myprotein Impact Whey Protein. I hope there is at least one kind I like, because right now I drink MET-Rx 55 RTD Protein Shake, which is great but it has 300 calories in 500ml and 10g carbs. It also is quite expensive and I can't afford it for every day use.
How do you guys make sure you get enough protein without eating too many calories total?[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

I don't worry about it. I've never been given a target. I have total yogurt for breakfast and then focus on meat fish or eggs for lunch/dinner with very limited carbs. I've never bothered with bars or shakes!

Even before I was using the supplements I was good with protein. 3 meals, 3 snacks, all protein based, eat the protein first and leave the rest if you can't eat it.

Back