• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New girl on the block

snack

Hi every one my names kerry and im 34 due too have my band done at dolan park next sat ekkk:cry:sorry god im a chicken ,just wondered how much pain im going to be in as im such a cry baby,also only got a week and 2 days on liver shrink diet as they fitted me in very quickly so im worried my liver wont shrink :( HELPPPPPPPP :D

Hey there and welcome :D Try not to worry too much about your op and the pain it brings. Look at the pain child birth brings and just focus on the fabulous rewards! :D

im not on the milk diet:confused: ive been given a different diet to be fair id rather do the milk diet mine is 2 small peices chic/ fish some green veg 3 small bits fruit no fizzy etc i rather cut out food all together as it works better for me do u think i could follow the milk diet with the same results ?

im not on the milk diet:confused: ive been given a different diet to be fair id rather do the milk diet mine is 2 small peices chic/ fish some green veg 3 small bits fruit no fizzy etc i rather cut out food all together as it works better for me do u think i could follow the milk diet with the same results ?

Hmmm, maybe your doctors feel that you would benefit more from the one they have given you? Maybe call up and ask if you can change if you think the one on you're on will be too hard. But chances are there's a reason why they want you on the one they have given you ;)

Hi every one my names kerry and im 34 due too have my band done at dolan park next sat ekkk:cry:sorry god im a chicken ,just wondered how much pain im going to be in as im such a cry baby,also only got a week and 2 days on liver shrink diet as they fitted me in very quickly so im worried my liver wont shrink :( HELPPPPPPPP :D

Firstly your'll be ok...

Im 34yrs old, and 2 days ago I got my band fitted. I was also worried about everything.

The milk diet really helps you get in the swing of things. Your liver will shrink in that time, Mine did and I ended up with the small band fitted. (up to 15ml)

The pain - is more discomfort. It feels like you have been punched in certain places in your stomach. winded. sore. and tender. thats how it feels.
But its manageable....with pain meds...and just being careful how you move and bend.

Im on day 2 of being outta hospital and im doing really well. Im on the sloppy foods now, so I had weetabix mashed with milk for breakfast, and soup for dinner. And i even ate half a low fat chocolate mousse.

You really do feel the difference when you get it done. You dont feel hungry, and when you eat, your full up so quickly!...

If theres anything you need to know, just ask....Ill tell you the truth...and theres loads of info on this site hun x

Try not to worry too much, just focus on what the future holds, and as Grace said, just think how painful child birth is ....nothing could be as bad as that?
Good luck with your op and keep us updated on your progress :)

I'm also with The Hospital Group - but having a by pass and have asked similar things about the pre-op diet. I have also been told a steady 1000 - 12000 calorie diet, rather than the milk diet. They did ask my BMI which is 37 at the moment, so your bmi may make a difference, but reading through the quite lengthy booklet they give us about the diet it does say that other diets are available.

I have my op 2 weeks today, I am going to do a week of the milk diet because i think i need to have a real shock when it comes to food and i think if i can have my normal food - which i can with this diet, it wont give me the insentive to start a fresh. We are all different. I called Sarah and spoke through it with her. who is your adviser? Give them a call for a chat, after all - we are paying enough for it!

Good Luck!:D

Hi ladies thanks for getting back too me it means a lot , my op is very short notice my adviser is Clare just finding the diet hard because my job is quiet demanding and I'm also a cook which isn't helping at all , I've done lighter life before and lost 6 and half stone with out one single wobble but finding it so hard good luck with your bypass I hope everything goes well for xxxx

Hi bluebutterflyer been read your post for a week or so before I had the bottle to post , you seem so prepared and focused and I see you have posted quite soon after op so that's always a good sign , my date is coming up really quick now .I had consultation and op booked all within 4 days and only had 10 days too prep before op but reading post like yours really helps as there is so many horror story's out there xx

Back