• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

CAN ANY ONE HELP PLEASE

PRINCESS GAIL

Hello i,ve just sighed up today to this site and been ready peoples storys so exciting
i was just wondering if any one has been past to the theripist consultant before they had surgery
just i,ve just been to my dietican today and thought that i would tell the truth about the way i feel about my self ( feeling down about me weight ) then she started talking a bout the bypass would be more suitable for me then i thought that at least i know what surgery i was having then she started to talk to me a bout a theropist consultant so that they can really make sure that i,m ready for surgery
has any one else been threw this just it,s so dishearting when she started talking about surgery then all of a sudden she started talking about this theripist
sorry for being a pain just a little disheartend at the minute
i was transvered to sunderland hospital on june 23
has any one else been transvered to this theripist just it,s making me feel like a right nutter :cry:thank you

Hello, I know at my hospital I will see a Mr Kendrick to assess if I am up to surgery psycholgically and I think this is pretty much the norm for WLS. So keep heart and go with it, its another step closer hunnie.

Linski xxx

hi huni, im under salford royal, nr manchester, and from what i can gather most ppl see a therapist before surgery, i certainly did, i think its just part of the process we all go through, so dont worry about it. i hope this has made you feel a bit easier. hugs x

Hi Princess Gail. I had to see Dr Wells who's the consultant psychologist at Sunderland. I think this is the man you will be seeing. I was hopping mad when I had to see him as I'd already lost my target weight and expected to be put on the waiting list, and that was delayed by 5 months!

But he's a very nice man and very helpful. I only saw him twice and then he was happy for me to be put on the waiting list.

I know it feels awful now when you just want to get on with things, but the surgery is a tool which has to be used properly to succeed. The hospital want to make sure you have the best chance of success, that's all.

Try not to see it as 'feeling mad'...more about getting your thoughts around food and about yourself to as healthy a place as possible before you have surgery.

I made it and so will you.
Hugs xxx

It doesn't mean you are a nutter if they send you to the therapist hun! I know this because they never sent me and i really am a bit loopy :)

Seriously though, my husband went to see Mr Kendrick (Linksi mentioned him above) and i accompanied him because i wanted to see what happened etc. I personally came out thinking it was an awesome session and that i wished i'd been sent to see him initially also...

If i was you i'd embrace your chance to see the therapist and use this service as much as you would weight loss surgery xx

i think it is standard procedure to see a therapist prior to the op, just so they can see if you're ready mentally for it...it is a HUGE change you are making in your life and can have big impacts in different things...way you see yourself, way others see/treat you etc

You might find the therapist really helpful to talk through. This operation is going to effect you emotionally and you need to think long and hard about whether it is right for you, and how you would cope post op if you feel low and can't reach for the biscuits.

btw ''nutter'' in my opinion is a word that only those of us who have actually experienced mental illness should be able to use to describe it.

I wasn't required to see a therapist, but it really does seem the norm in many WLS referrals. Personally, I do think it is a good thing & just 7 days away from my op, I firmly wish I had had the opportunity. I definitely think it's about identifying your feelings & relationship with food so you are more successful post op, and not about trying to trip you up or refuse you surgery.

Hello love, I wouldn't feel any concern, because some areas operate in this way as a matter of routine... if you go for this session you may well get something out of it and try and take it as a positive step on your journey...

Here if we can be of any help anytime, love and hugs on their way to you precious xxx

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH
for replying
i feel so much better now knowing that this is just the procedure they take .
and i,m sorry if i have affended anyone by useing the word "nutter" just was the first word what came in my mind
i wish you all well
thank you gail xxxxxx

thanks Gail. it's just something i'm ultra sensitive about, especially as a not very nice person called me a ''lard a***d nutter'' today, which was something of a double whammy lol.
Best of luck with your weight loss journey. xxx

You might find the therapist really helpful to talk through. This operation is going to effect you emotionally and you need to think long and hard about whether it is right for you, and how you would cope post op if you feel low and can't reach for the biscuits.

btw ''nutter'' in my opinion is a word that only those of us who have actually experienced mental illness should be able to use to describe it.[/QUOTE
i,m so sorry i i have affend you by using the word nutter just was the first word which i thought of so i apologize if i have afended you
wish you well gail xxx

thanks Gail. it's just something i'm ultra sensitive about, especially as a not very nice person called me a ''lard a***d nutter'' today, which was something of a double whammy lol.
Best of luck with your weight loss journey. xxx

ARE BLESS YOU
what a horrible thing to say to you
theres just no need for it
must of been very upsetting for you
chin up and i wish you all the luck in the world xxx

HELLO BEV
thank you for your message
i,m so please that it,s just the procedure
just when your just starting on your journey you just wish that the op was just a reach away xxxxxxxxx wish you all the luck in the world

I had to see the psychologist before they put me on the list for surgery and I was dreading it! It was such an anti-climax lol. It was just a chat really, I think the main thing is that they think you are mentally prepared for the op. Nothing to worry about :D x

Thanks dottychic
feel so much better
this site is fantasic so friendly
not to sure how to properly use the site but i will find out soon xxx

Back