• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can anyone help?

I know this is probably going to seem a bit daft but here goes anyway..

over the last few days have been experiencing symptoms of my recurrent sinus infection and OH is planning on trying to get me into see GP hopefully 2moro..

I know what the 'normal' dose for the anti-biotics was but as I've now got the band in and therefore the stomach area has shrunk - will the dose be decreased as well but need taken for slightly longer?

At the moment, am feeling less inclined to eat and more inclined to sleep.. :sigh: part of reason I havent been around for a few days..

Has anyone else needed anti-biotics since banding - especially during the early days (am a month on now from op) ?

Hi Mands, I would think that your GP will give you the same strength anti-biotics but in liquid form rather than tablets. This way you'll still be getting what you need but it won't block the band area.
Good luck and hope you feel better soon sweetheart.

pills r not a problem with banders, by the time they hit the pouch as long as the pouch is empty they r in dissolved form from the drink that you take them with and dissolve in the pouch with the body heat and will go through the band, if taken after a meal then no as they have no where to go as food is in situ in the pouch. if pills r taken before a meal and nothing is blocking there path then it will be ok x

Last edited:
thanks guys..

am really feeling like crap.. getting bags too even though could sleep for england right now..

and have started coming out in little bruises? found one on inner thigh last night and one on my left arm below crease of my elbow n got a linear bruise running beside my left boobaloo - isnt very big - maybe inch or 2 but is uncomfortable? no idea where they're coming from though..

<< want to find a bra that isnt going to make me uncomfortable either because mine are making me need to remove it after 3 - 4 hrs :( feels like its pressing on port area.. ho hum..

Hi Mands

I needed antibiotics after my first week because I had infection in one of my larger wounds...nurse gave me the liquid variety but it tastes :sign0137:

I also take liquid simvastatin but just had normal dosage for both :)

hope you feel better soon x

Back