• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can dumping happen an hour after?

Rainbow1233

Twice today I've had milk and after about an hour I've got stomach cramps and had to rush to the loo! Does this sound like dumping even an hour after? Thank you

Hi
It probably could be. I'm 8 months out and had the tiniest piece of Christmas cake at a works do the other night and came home went to bed and an hour later, 2 after eating the cake I was up shaking, sweating and needing to be sick and go to the loo. I googled this and there is 2 types of dumping, one of them delayed. It was an awful feeling and really took me by surprise.

Ok, thank you for your help! What would you recommend for breakfast as I used to have milky weetabix but not keen now obviously. I'm on the purée stage still. Stuck for ideas x

I'm pre op and love almond milk 'breeze' I use the regular one which is slightly sweet. Looks like I'll have to get used to the unsweetened version one bypassed! Hope it suits me :)

I am quite lucky I don't dump on sweet stuff other than fruit can eat all other things and drink almond milk it may be trial and see

I started dumping on milk about 3 weeks after my op and always exactly an hour after having it. Can tolerate milk in tea and coffee but no bigger quantities than that !! I now have a boiled egg or a couple of Turkey rashers for my breakfast :)

Oh gosh that's horrible dumping on fruit - I would miss them too ! Funny really was not that keen on fruit through all of my 'dieting' years but actually really enjoy it now ! x

Back