• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Food and drink together

Willow mentioned this on her diary today and directed us to a good Utube video. Search WLS drinking with food

This might be the one?
http://youtu.be/xR0VM3mnsgM
Pretty eye opening demonstration of how much quicker food will go through you if you flush it with a drink! :eek:

Not looking forward to this to be honest, I love drinking with meals and I can put away a lot of fluid straight after, but then that's part of how we got in this mess in the first place.

Good thing with this rule is that.... you go to a cafe and think, like others I will have a little bit of a cake and a latte... then realise nooo I can't, and settle with a semi skimmed latte only...
Silver lining and all that... but of course the does not prevent me trying others cakes he he

I can do it, but I have to really focus to stop reaching for a drink. No one really knows about my band, so when I eat out it would look weird not having a glass of something on the table, so I order , and it sits there....taunting me until I can reasonably take a sip. And strangely, people don't comment about what I'm eating but do comment when I don't drink with my little meals....

Thanks Venture

Yes that's the right youtube one, that we was told to have a look at at the WLS meeting.

Make's you think when you watch it, why they tell you not to drink with food.
Plus they want us to keep food in our stomacks longer, so has we dont get hungry. Where having a drink with food, later make's you want more food because you have flushed it out.

This might be the one?
http://youtu.be/xR0VM3mnsgM
Pretty eye opening demonstration of how much quicker food will go through you if you flush it with a drink! :eek:

Not looking forward to this to be honest, I love drinking with meals and I can put away a lot of fluid straight after, but then that's part of how we got in this mess in the first place.

I have just watched this and thought it was a brilliant demonstration. I am going to find this difficult as I always have a drink with my meals!

Brilliant visual of how wls works and how to optimise weight loss!!

This might be the one? http://youtu.be/xR0VM3mnsgM Pretty eye opening demonstration of how much quicker food will go through you if you flush it with a drink! :eek: Not looking forward to this to be honest, I love drinking with meals and I can put away a lot of fluid straight after, but then that's part of how we got in this mess in the first place.

Thanks for posting V. You must be there already. Good Luck. X

im 12 years out and still don't drink and eat. If I do I can eat much more than I should and feel hungry about 2 hours after. It can be 100s of empty calories and it's meant I have put 3 stone on :-( I'm back on it now. Smaller meals (approx 1000 cals daily) and definitely no drinking 30 mins before and after. I don't feel I've stretched my pouch too much although over the years I've abused it. I have to think of my RNY as a tool with rules to make it work :)

im 12 years out and still don't drink and eat. If I do I can eat much more than I should and feel hungry about 2 hours after. It can be 100s of empty calories and it's meant I have put 3 stone on :-( I'm back on it now. Smaller meals (approx 1000 cals daily) and definitely no drinking 30 mins before and after. I don't feel I've stretched my pouch too much although over the years I've abused it. I have to think of my RNY as a tool with rules to make it work :)

It's great to hear the experience of king termers. Thanks for posting x

That's no problem. I've done a lot of research over the years trying to find the best way to live with my bypass. Glad share and help in anyway I can xx

Back