• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

can i be cheeky ... hand me downs

BandyEmm

Does anyone have any old clothes they wanna hand me down or sell cheaply, ??

size 22/24 or even a 26?

:p

Wont no unless i ask lol

Ill have a look through my old stuff, I have a gorgeous dusky pink satin shirt in there that I hate see being wasted and Im sure I have some bits and pieces, definately some nighties I think. Ill have a look and email you some pictures tomorrow if you pm me your email address.
Steph xx

i had thought about this too i am back in these sizes now 24

I was wondering how people manage as they lose weight and change sizes so rapidly. Most of my clothes are to big for you Em, sorry.........But I bet you're NOT!!!!! :D

thanks girls i feel so cheeky asking, but hey nothing ventured nothign gained :D

my email is [email protected]

xx

I was wondering how people manage as they lose weight and change sizes so rapidly. Most of my clothes are to big for you Em, sorry.........But I bet you're NOT!!!!! :D

Charity shops!!! lol I have lived out of charity shops for the last nine months and am not afraid to admit it lol
Steph xx

LOL thanks Stephie

I haven't been able to shop in charity shops because they never have my size....but soon I hope!
Charity shops aren't that cheap in Harrogate though!

Charity shops around here are expensive too, ....

Pretty bad isnt it when your brassic enough not to shop it charity shops........ I blame me kids :D

I'm excited about Primark opening soon in Harrogate!
I think maybe one or two new things per size until I get down to goal?
and I might go begging round friends a bit too!

A friend of mine told me about a 'clothes swap party' she had with her pals a while ago. Sounds fun, everyone brought stuff they'd got fed up of and swapped with other peeps...

no cost and a fun night with mates over a glass of wine or two!
Could work?

also girls check out ebay ...you can still get some bargains on there xxx

I regularly buy from ebay... and charity shops... it's a great idea to be thinking of clothes...

.....since we are all going to be needing new wardrobes... I am in 22-24 and have a full wardrobe, some things I really love. But they are no use to me as I shrink.

I wouldn't have the time to sell things individually, but would want to just get rid of my wardrobe when I move down a couple of sizes... pity there can't be a wardrobe exchange arrangement between some of us so that we can switch and save money... I would be happy to do that if I could.

If we are going down in size who wants to spend a fortune on new clothes... not me.

Food for thought here Emm and sending you and yours a huge hug xxx

car boot sales is a good place as well to get cheap clothing as u can haggle on the price and get some really good deals, im also of thinking a clothing swap shop at the support group as its not worth spending fortunes on clothes as we come down thro the sizes, i got rid of most of my bigger clothes thinking i wouldnt ever need them again, im gutted to say i got to a size 14 and now im having to buy 18's again with my weight regain, never mind i will get there again soon, i hope you get sorted with something emm x

In birmingham there is a thing called freegle, it used to be called free cycle. People offer stuff they are going to get rid of on there for nothing (not just clothes). The birmingham one is run on yahoo. I have had most of my clothes off here and have had loads of kids clothes for my youngest one as well.

I wish I had known sooner, I have given bags upon bags of my old clothes to charity shops and they were all size 22-24!

Rx

i was thinking the same the other day actually.
im in a 22 at the moment, which isn't that much use as we'll probably be going down sizes at the same time.
I do have a wardrobe full that will be up for grabs in a month or so though.

they should do a buy & sell area on here, or try & set up something up elsewhere. i think it could be quite sucessful

xx

If you're ever over in york for the day, as it's not far from harrogate, the sainsburys on monks cross now has the Grace range, with clothes up to size 28. They're fairly cheap.

I'm still a size 28 so can't offer you anything I'm afraid. TBH I tend to wear my clothes til they are fit for the bin anyway. I have a wardrobe full of size 20-24 clothes too, just ready and waiting for when I start to lose weight. I've kept an eye on the local charity shops and just picked up the occasional thing even if it doesn't fit yet.

I'm excited about Primark opening soon in Harrogate!

I be down in Harrogate on the 11th Aug as my son has his passing out parade on the 12 @ the foundation college on penny pot lane
:D

Have a lovely day. My dad used to work there many years ago.

I'll be in Sunderland rcovering!

i was thinking the same the other day actually.
im in a 22 at the moment, which isn't that much use as we'll probably be going down sizes at the same time.
I do have a wardrobe full that will be up for grabs in a month or so though.

they should do a buy & sell area on here, or try & set up something up elsewhere. i think it could be quite sucessful

xx

LOL might take you up on some of the size 22s please! :D

Back