• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

long time since i was here

mazbrad

hello everyone old and new,been long time since i logged in here. happy to say its 16 months down line since i had gastric bypass at SRH lost amazing 12 stone , gone from size 32 to a wait for it ..... a size 12. loving new me apart from the lack of boobs,lol my hubbys says they like slugs lol trail behind me lmao .... cheeky man his way of trying to make me smile. I always asumed i would get surgery after operation and rapi weight loss. last check up which was yr one. i was told of mr balapuris consultant that he would approve the surgery but had to go to my docs to get on list. woo hoo i thought but today i been to docs who blatenly told me NO WAY can they approve this operation as its cosmetic not breast cancer or serious illness. devastated , anyone else had this situation? dont even know if i have any more checkups now or if yr one was my last . please advice me

I think generally things have to be causing you a problem either medically such as pain or infection or psychological problems such as depression even then you have to prove it.

Is there another gp in your practice you cold talk to and discuss how badly it is affecting your confidence? X

Hiya Maz you had your op week after me in Srh I had mine Aug 20th you have lost more than me really but I was heavier than you, I distinctly remember being told that plasatics would be no longer available to us when our 2 years were up the rules had changed and it started with surgery around summer 2011 if I got that right. So that doesnt surprise me one bit. Shame you were given false hope at app check up. I have only had 1 check up since my op n that was when I was 9 month post op the last one was for 16th Jan but it was cancelled and not received nutha one yet. xx

I too was told plastics would not be funded and didn't expect to get it done on the nhs after weightloss surgery if I had problems.
I was totally grateful just to get my bypass done,and decided if I wanted plastics I would pay my own way.

I am waiting for / hoping for a bypass. I have already started saving a small amount each month for my "new skin" because I know it won't be funded by the NHS. Could you start putting a small amount away now towards it? I can imagine it must be hard to live with the after effects on the skin or boobs but I can honestly tell you from a pre opper point of view that I am preparing myself now that this ugly body of mine is going to transform into a saggy mess, but, I will at least be able to walk around, wear nice clothes and have a normal life.

Back