• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

can i eat prawns and cockels and eels after opp??

sammyc

just wanted to know after my opp and im back on more solid foods can i still eat my seafood i love it all does anyone know if i will still be able to eat it !!!!

theres no harm in trying food that you like or used to like ............try a little at a time ;) don't forget that your tastes might change after your op so good luck

I'd say be careful with chippy fish though hun as someone on the site dumped really badly with it a few weeks ago. I think the fat penetrates the batter and is soaked into the fish so if you dump with fatty foods it'll make you poorly.
I'd guess if it's cooked without too much fat you'll be fine.
xx

just wanted to know after my opp and im back on more solid foods can i still eat my seafood i love it all does anyone know if i will still be able to eat it !!!!

I can, and do eat prawns quite a lot - i cant manage fish though, i tried a fish finger and couldnt swallow the fish - had to chew and spit!! x

I can't wait to try solids again but I have to wait till 5th march

I'd say be careful with chippy fish though hun as someone on the site dumped really badly with it a few weeks ago. I think the fat penetrates the batter and is soaked into the fish so if you dump with fatty foods it'll make you poorly.
I'd guess if it's cooked without too much fat you'll be fine.
xx

I think it really depends on your chip shop. Some fish can be really fatty inside the batter, others a little but a really good chip shop there is no fat at all, the main idea behind batter is that the fish inside the batter is actually cooked by steam and then the fish itself is (supposed to be) really healthy!
But I dont really like the healthy fish lol, or any fish really... no chip shops for me. Oh well, boiled chicken and a backside that fits in jeans is much better anyway lol

Seafood should be fine, as others said just chew plenty and make sure its cooked nicely and not in butter haha to me it seems like people dump on very different things

Plenty of protein in seafood...i think

thanks guys i wont be going chip shop for fish in batter just wanted to know about the seafood side i come from a big east end family and sunday nights we get together for a tea which is all seafood so just wanted to see if i can still eat it after opp x

thanks guys i wont be going chip shop for fish in batter just wanted to know about the seafood side i come from a big east end family and sunday nights we get together for a tea which is all seafood so just wanted to see if i can still eat it after opp x

:O like eels in jelly type stuff? I've never known anyone who actually eats that!

Be prepared you may detest it post op!Dont rush to eat seafood too soon after surgery.

you're new tummy may not like vinegar with the little that you are able to eat you may find it gives you heartburn hun :)

PS - I love seafood too but dont like the jelly on eels :)

yeah i was worried about the vingaer side of things think it might be to acid for my new tummy x

Prawns are one of the very few goods that I can tolerate ! Of I go out to eat I have a Prawn cocktail as my main x I have been able to eat them from quite early .

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back