• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i was just wanting to know.....

anita-b

hya all can any of you that are post opp tell me if you lose the feeling of being hungery after the opp im sure i heard this from somebody but just wanted to ask as this is my main downfall i blame for my size allways being hungery :(

I'm rarely hungry as a bander! But then if I'd have eaten when hungry preop then I'd never have got to the size I did!! :)

I haven't felt hungry and I'm nearly 3 months post-op. I sometimes have a feeling like I should eat something, but this goes if I have a drink. The feeling isn't like the one I used to have, I think it's what people on here have referred to as 'mouth hunger'.

As a sleevie I sometimes get peckish but never really hungry and so little food fills me up!

Ruthiep said:
As a sleevie I sometimes get peckish but never really hungry and so little food fills me up!

I agree with you ruthiep. How you describe yourself would sum me up too :)

I rarely get truly hungry. It is common with a bypass for that to be the case, but some still get hunger and some struggle to tell the difference between head hunger or emotional hunger and true hunger.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Hi
It varies from day to day for me, but im less hungry now im back at work, and protein really keeps me full for ages. Sleevers have the ghrelin hormone removed which controls hunger and my appetite has greatly reduced from having this removed. One thing they dont do any work on in any operation is your head hunger, but thats where your willpower comes in! It aint easy and you gotta work hard to be successful and i know im in the honeymoon period at the moment, the hard work comes further down the line when i have to maintain.:eek:
Kim

Heh. I just wish I could eat broccoli. It's my favourite vegetable, but unless I turn it into a fresh soup, it gives me terrible pain.

I couldn't eat broccoli until a couple of weeks ago Ruthie but seem to be okay with it now. Try it again in a few weeks and it might be okay:)

I've hasd a bypass and yes if I do not drink correctly e.g before i eat then i can get what I would call hunger pangs. As someone said previously it could be head hunger but i was one of those people that never got the feeling of being full before the op. x

I don't get hungry, I often forget to have snacks, especially a mid morning one, but I often fancy something especially if Chef at work is cooking something lush. I get more of a low sugar level feeling than hunger which is usually when I realise I need to eat something.

Kate x

I had a bypass and still get hungry but only if I've missed a meal or had too big a gap between meals and no matter how hungry I get I can still only eat a small amount its wierd cause b4 op I would starve myself all day for a takeaway on the night but now that dosent work so you have to remind urself to eat 3 small meals a day x

Hi Anita
I'm one week post-op and although I don't physically FEEL hungry at all, my mind is playing nasty tricks on me at the moment! I have been craving all the things I know I shouldn't like burgers, steak & chips, curry etc!! I think it takes a while for the mind to adjust to it to be honest! I wish I'd have known about this before my bypass as I wouldn't have been so shocked about it!!

Sarah xx

That's the one thing I am going to fave to conquer, the head cravings. You will do it though xxx

Love your cat nicola!
Lynne x

I am 12 weeks post op, I never feel hunger but I do know when I am "empty" though. I also get very light headed and everything goes black if I haven't eaten for ages and I stand up quickly etc.

Back