• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What foods can u eat straight after opp ?

Can you all give me some ideas of what foods i can eat after opp im moving house a few dayd after so it will have to be easy things ???
Have you not been given a diet sheet? Most people are only allowed liquid protein such as shakes for two weeks, then 2 weeks purée and the 2 weeks mash. Very small portions. Have you ever had surgery before? Moving house would certainly not be on my agenda because of the pain, tiredness, need to rest and most importantly not damaging your would!!!!! Most WLS is big surgery despite it being keyhole.

Uhm, if this was a serious post I think you really need to do some research before you have surgery. You will be in no state to move houses after a few days, nor will you be able to have anything other than liquids in the beginning.

Uhm, if this was a serious post I think you really need to do some research before you have surgery. You will be in no state to move houses after a few days, nor will you be able to have anything other than liquids in the beginning.

Yes this is a serious post i have no other choice it has all happened at once i have great family around who will do most of the move i have some company coming in to move things for me as well it has to be done i know its going to be hard thats why im asking for advice .

Have you not been given a diet sheet? Most people are only allowed liquid protein such as shakes for two weeks, then 2 weeks purée and the 2 weeks mash. Very small portions. Have you ever had surgery before? Moving house would certainly not be on my agenda because of the pain, tiredness, need to rest and most importantly not damaging your would!!!!! Most WLS is big surgery despite it being keyhole.

Thank u i go for pre opp on monday i suppose they will give me things then i know its not gonna be easy have good support around x

Yes this is a serious post i have no other choice it has all happened at once i have great family around who will do most of the move i have some company coming in to move things for me as well it has to be done i know its going to be hard thats why im asking for advice .

Then you will get better advice if you are a bit more elaborate - what surgery are you having, and what stage will you be at? From your post it sounded like you were under the impression that you could eat normal food and seriously were considering lifting boxes. You'd be surprised at how many people come to this forum and seem to believe having gastric surgery is like having their nails done. You say the move will be "a few days" after surgery - just be aware you may not even have been discharged, I was still in hospital at that time.

You won't be 'eating' anything and if you are even out of hospital, you won't be well enough to lift things.

You will be on liquids only for two weeks and depending which op you're having, you'll be in hospital for a few days.

There are plenty of ready made liquids that are fine to have but hopefully they'll tell you a bit more at your appointment.

Back