• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP ............ from anyone would be great !

Tracey ( eyore)

i am now on day 14 of my puree diet, but i am still feeling awful ........
i cannot stand or walk for long or i feel sick and shaky.

I Cant go out cause once i feel bad it lasts all day.

my diet at the moment is

breaky

porridge - oats so simple 1/2 pkt
with milk powder init to give extra protein
also a little mashed up banana

lunch

tuna and mayo

snack
diarylea triangle light

tea
little shepherds pie and veg
or fish, brocoli and cauli
or chicken, mash and veg ................ALL PUREED

I am drinking 2 x bottled 0f 750ml water a day too

weight loss
week 1 - 5lb
week 2 - 9lb
week 3 - 1lb ( of which i was alittle disappointed )

Do you think i am eating right for this stage, did anyone else feel yucky like i am ??? Any ideas why i may be feeling like this ??????????
thank you in advance for any ideas x::

Tracey... we are more or less at exactly the same stage.

I'm a plodder... even on my worst days... I plod and plod... but I have to say, this last two days I have felt so very tired.

I've been in touch with my GP with the huge list of vitamins that the hospital gave to me and they have been delivered today... have you got yours yet.

Listen to your body and rest... I'm sure we'll pick up when we start eating more puree and get our vits...

Message me if I can help... but I admit to feeling very tired and weak, but hoping for better days...

I also agree, weightloss slows down on the third week very often but it'll get going again.

I'm not ready for an exercise regime, plus you and I both had chesty troubles... so allow for that.

Here for you Angel. Love and hugs xxx

i am not so worried about the weight loss or the tiredness its the sicky/ shaky feeling all the time x
i have forceval multivitamins i left hospital with,
i have had 9 operations in 3 years and never felt like this x

thank you bev for your kind words x

I get this feeling too and yesterday... called myself ' a Jelly Baby ' my legs felt so weak and shaky... I think it's very early days Tracey.

Plus you have had the additional weakening, debilitating pneumonia... when you came out of hospital.

Are you having your vitamins yet?

I'm so glad I've started on mine and I'm getting a pill box just to sort them in tomorrow... I feel they are very important in helping us to build back up precious.

You certainly seem to be doing very well dietary wise...

Love and hugs xxx

thank you kevin ...................... i know i have pneumonia again 2nd time from leaving hossy but it dont believe its that thats making me feel faint/sicky /shaky all the time x

been having vits since day only one as said above was told thats all wee need

Tracey, our messages have crossed, I think your muscles and body is so weak and I know chest issues and pneumonia are very weakening...

See you doc again and discuss... you have really been through the mill and multiple ops in a short space of time take it's toll..

I had a full hysterectomy and another couple of ops in the same year a few years ago and it knocked me off my feet with weakness...

Keep warm, book in with your doc and keep in touch Angel... I admit to feeling very tired and weak too...

Are you monitoring your blood sugar and blood pressure at home, I do both of these because I have the machines here from my diabetic days.

Love and hugs xxx

I've been prescribed, forceval, calcium tablets, zinc, selennium, and Fastabs... plus a bowel prep...

My bowels were great the first week and changes have taken place since I've been on liquids...

Our bodies are feeling upside down and with infections on top... it's so weakening.

Love and hugs xxx

i dont check my sugar levels as i have never been diabetic hun , but my bowels are fine now which is good x x

thanks zns that would be good i dont know where it is at mo hubby been clearing grrrrrrrrrr x

Could be anaemia, a reaction to your meds, not enough calories, or something more medical. Glad you're going to speak to your medical team, it's always the best advice.

At this stage I was having 3 meals and 3 snacks a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

wow maybe i am not eating enough, but i will ring them x

Regardless of the problems you're having I think you're not eating enough. If you did a calorie count it would be well below the minimum 900 to prevent your body going into starvation mode and would explain the drop in loss last week. At this stage i was told to eat little and often and add things like cheese where ever possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Just thought I woud paste the correct bit

DAY 10 – DAY 28 (WEEK 5) PUREED DIET
After 10 days on the liquid diet, you will be able to slowly add foods of a thicker
consistency. All foods for the next three weeks will be blended to a baby food
consistency.
 It is very important to chew foods thoroughly to avoid blockage or nausea.
Try 1-2 tablespoons of food at a time to see if tolerated. Each meal should
only consist of only 2-4 tbsp (1/8-1/4 cup of food).
 You should always eat the protein foods first at each meal.
 Keep yourself hydrated, but remember to drink slowly in small sips, waiting in
between sips for a minute or two. Drink about 5-15 minutes before eating,
and wait for about an hour after eating before you drink again. You will feel
fuller if you eat your food ‘dry’. Overall, you should aim to drink about 1½
litres (2½ pints) of fluid per day.
The following provides a suggested plan for a days’ intake for the second to fifth
week after the operation:
Breakfast
• 1 Weetabix with skimmed/semi skimmed milk OR
• 1 tub yoghurt or fromage frais OR
• 3 tbsp of porridge or Ready Brek made up with milk.
Mid-morning
• 200ml high protein liquid
Lunch
• 1 cupful of smooth soup made with milk OR
• scrambled egg OR
• 4 teaspoons pureed meat
Aim to have with 2-3 tsp mashed potato and 2 teaspoons blended vegetables.
Mid-afternoon
• 150ml plain or fruit yoghurt OR
• 200ml pureed, preferably stewed fruit.
Evening meal
• 200ml vegetable or fruit juice
• 200ml creamed soup made with milk (no solid pieces)
• 3-4 teaspoons of pureed meat
• 2-3 teaspoons blended vegetables
• 2-3 teaspoons of mashed potato
Evening snack
• 200 ml high protein liquid

thx guys - yes i have sheet to follow and am as best i can but feel full up and sicky all time x

Back