• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice re Sloppy Food Stage

Majella

I am 10 days post op and at the sloppy food stage. I have been liquidising everything but I am struggling to eat it now. Is it ok just to mash my veg and potatoes instead of turning them into puree? And any tips on blending meat in with it!!
xx

the only meat i could cope with was pureed bolognaise!

I pureed everything because i was scared to mush to early, just in case. Its a horrible phase, as is mushy, i wont lie!

good luck with it x

My provider said soft food was ok so I had instant mash and also made a corned beef hash with instant mash mixed in. My provider gave me a booklet with ideas like scrambled egg, shepherds pie, cauliflower cheese, fish in parsley sauce.

Thanks Deets that is why I am liquidising everything as I am scared but it is so yeuk!! Chopster yes I would love some scrambled egg but does that mean I have to puree it?? Oh dear xx

Im back on that stage after my first fill.

I like to live on mashed potato with cheddar cheese or philly, corned beef hash, cjilen put through the blender with mashed veggies, Fruit smoothies, Icecream, jacket spuds with tuna and mayo.
Anything you can mush easily with a back of a fork.

Mince, eggs & bananas are not liked at all by my band.

Your only a few days post op - i couldnt go on this stage until day 14, but started on day 12. Take it slow and mush it down even more in your mouth. You still wont be eating a lot and may even struggle to get 1000 cals per day so the odd piece of chocolate may also help to boost your cals if you like.

I did get fed up of mash after about 7 days on this stage.

Its all part of the fun! Good luck

That's a point, I had 2 weeks on liquids (including yoghurts) then 2 weeks on soft but I did sneak on normal food on day 25 rather than 28 as I was starving. Take it steady x

Thanks for the tips guys. I processed it instead of liquidising it and added cheese sauce so it tasted a lot nicer, that should keep me going for the next couple of days. Oh I have also discovered strawberry custard mmmm:) x

I lived off of mashed potatoes, refried beans wih cheese, scrambled eggs with cheese and yogurt. I counted the days until I could add extra foods. Hang in there, it will be so worth it in the long run. I promise! I am 11 years out and still feel this is the best thing I could have done,

Kellye

Back