• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can i pick your brains? pre op assessment ?

Hi Clare, for me it was an opportunity to ask lots of questions. They also asked me lots, past medical history etc. They took some bloods and went through what to expect. Hope this helps.

Hi claire, i've got my 2nd pre op tomorrow but at my first one they did my weight and height, took details of my medical history, asked what meds i took, mrsa swabs taken, ecg done and finally they asked me to go and have some bloods taken. x

1st pre-op mrsa swab, weight, height, forms, bloods ,ECG.
2nd more bloods and weight, anaesthetist, dietician. Chance to ask questions etc.

my pre op was bloods,swabs,ecg,weight,bp,which drugs im on, ,general chat,Q&As,talked me through the admission,and morning of surgery, told me about ward times , visiting times,then given post op diet book for after surgery,and a book with pre op diet ,wasnt given a date but told i should start pre op diet aprox 2 weeks after ,andthat i would be sent a date by letter or id get a phone call...is the easy bit after all the other apointments,hope it goes well and good luck x

Bloods, swabs, ECG, BP check, weight & height. Also saw dietician and Dr to answer questions on current eating habbits and agree an best surgery and answer general health questions. All really easy and much easier than other appts. Good Luck x

Back