• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can i take my hubby ?

Delly

Im having my surgery done by the hallamshire hospital and as its around 1 hour away for us to get there. i,d like my hubby to wait around till after surgery etc

Has anyone else had there surgery there and are they ok with that
(guess im right baby iwant my hand holding :rolleyes: )

Last edited:
It depends whether you are in a private or NHS hospital. NHS are strict about visiting times and also he won't be allowed in recovery. You will actually be under for over 2 hours and then some time for the recovery. Discuss it with the ward prior to admittance as each will have their own policies.

great question as i was thinking the same thing!!

Hi Delly, usually if you're having your op at the Hallamshire you will be admitted the day before. Your surgery will most likely be in the morning before visiting hours so your hubby may not be allowed there. The Thornbury may be different. My hubby was'nt allowed to see me untill I was in HDU and then it was only for 20 minutes. I hope your hubby can be with you if thats what you want. I did'nt mind mine not being there as I knew I'd get really upset and then my bp would shoot up and then there being a chance of the op being cancelled.

most nhs say visiting hours only as it can disturb other patients, you will be out of it any way for a while and you wont know hes there for a few hours till you come around from the aneastetic xxx

Hi Delly
I'm going privately to Spire Manchester and in my pre admission questionaire it asked me wether i would like visitors restricted or have them anytime so given that my hubby and daughter will be staying in a hotel i've said no restrictions they even said if my hubby fell asleep in the chair beside my bed it would be unlikely anyone would move him but not sure about NHS rules xx

private allows as it all single rooms nhs no in general coz its wards x

Back